the fifty-sixth

June 18th
New Orleans, LA

"Do any of you know how to play poker?" Harry asks, grabbing a bottle of orange juice. He's not wearing a shirt and his sweatpants are low hanging. We got into New Orleans last night and we're at Zayn and Gigi's house. They have a house in New Orleans for some reason. Apparently, they all have them scattered around the world incase they cant stay at a hotel.

Convenient.

Last night Harry had to stay up with Liam to plan for whatever it is we have to do tonight. I got really distracted on my phone and ended up being up just as late as him. But not nearly as tired.

I drop my phone onto the bed, and I hear the door handle move. I look over to the door that is now opening to see Harry looking very spent. His eyes are barely open, his hair is already pulled back and his feet are dragging on the ground.

I get off the bed immediately walk over to him in slight worry.

"Harry, baby, you doing good?" I question and grab his hands to steady him.

"What?" His eyes snap into focus and he looks at me, "Oh sorry. Uh yes? I have a bit more planning to do and then I'll come to bed. Why aren't you asleep?" He tilts his head to the side and his eyes close for a second.

"Not tired. But you are. Just go to sleep." He stifles a yawn and shakes his head.

"Nah babe. I'm good. Chillin'. Very groovy." Whenever Harry is especially tired, he talks like a surfer from the 60's. It's adorable and I have absolutely no idea why he does it.

"Harry, you need to go to sleep." I pull him towards the bed.

"Tryin' ta get me into bed, huh? Alright one quick screw and I'm out." He smirks and I shake my head.

"Liam can finish the planning. You can hit the bed and sleep. Ok?" I ask with light in my eyes.

"Nah, foxy. Li needs my help." I raise a brow and walk out of the room for a quick second, looking down the railing and into the kitchen to see Liam and Viv laughing together at the table while going over documents. Their only light being the one that hangs above the table.

I turn around and walk back to the bedroom to look at Harry who is now sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I think Liam will be ok. Let's go to sleep, yeah?" He finally gives up and nods.

Now we're all eating breakfast and now Harry is asking us a random question about poker.

"Why?" I question and he turns around, taking a drink from the bottle of juice. Zayn is walking past him while this happens and grabs the bottle of juice from Harry's hand. Harry gives him an offended look and Zayn takes the juice towards a cabinet.

"Get a glass you animal." He laughs and pours Harry a glass of juice, "And yes, I do know how to play poker." He responds to his question and sits next to Gigi at the counter.

"Anyone else?" Harry questions and lays both of his palms flat on the counter on either side of his body.

"Uh yeah." I nod and put my fork down on my plate, "But it's been a while so I'm not sure if I remember." I used to do a lot of gambling when I got bored in highschool. Not big money. Sometimes it was just, 'You'll lie and say I'm in the nurses office during Chemistry if I win this next hand.'

"Trust me Stevie, you remember." Louis smirks and I nod. Sometimes I forget that I've got a bonkers memory.

"Erm, I'm pretty shit at it but I can do it." Louis holds up a pointer finger.