14

-The night before-

After the Jinsoul and Jungeun situation, it turned night, Hyejoo was heading home on her bike, but she stopped her tracks when she saw a regonized man with a woman, Hyejoo quickly hid behind a sign but froze when she saw it was her dad.

Hyejoo immediately realizes the woman with her dad wasn't her mom. “P’ping..?” Hyejoo sees them enter a car, which Hyejoo decided to follow but when she saw where they went, she felt like she wanted to go into tears.

A motel.

--present time--

“Hyejoo, want me to drop you to school?” Mina asked, Hyejoo stopped giving treats to Gureum and shook her head.

“Did you know about this?” Hyejoo asked, Mina raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“I don’t know what you are talking about”

“I’m not stupid, did you know about dad”

Mina inhales before walking away and grabbing her keys. “I’ll be waiting for you in the car, we need to get to Hyunjin’s prep before the game starts”

--

Once Hyewon had left Yuri’s classroom once again, she looked around for Eunbi, but the smile she had quickly faded upon seeing Junghoon talking to Eunbi, Eunbi spots Hyewon and quickly hugs Junghoon.

Hyewon pouts and looks around for something to get her revenge, she smirks as she quickly grabs Chaewon who was minding her own business not even aware of the situation, once Chaewon had turned her direction, she smashes her lips on Chaewon making Chaewon eyes widened.

“Fuck! Hyewon!?” Chaewon curses out loud at the sudden surprise Hyewon had given her.

Hyewon doesn't say anything and smirks as she sees Eunbi walk away with an angry expression with a tint of disappointment. “Here is some money, go take Minju on a date”

“Aren’t you aware that you just kissed your cousin’s girlfriend”

“I gave you money”

“Money is not going to fix my problems if Minju breaks up with me”

Hyewon starts to sprint away “I know, anyways thank you”  Chaewon stands there with no words, Chaewon looks around if anyone saw that but she saw Eunbi smashing the office door making her now well aware of the situation.

--time skip, afternoon--

“Hyun, I’ll get you some water, don’t be nervous” Chaeyeon pats, 

“Thanks Chae” Hyunjin thanked her, Chaeyeon nodded and walked away to the water center.

When Chaeyeon arrives, she sees the opponents trainer getting water and when he sees Chaeyeon, he runs away, Chaeyeon doesn't think much of it and takes a different cup and fills it up with water.

“Hyunjin, drink up” Chaeyeon hands the cup to Hyunjin, Hyunjin swallows all the water making Chaeyeon just giggle.

“Okay, everyone is here” Heejin returns from the stadium, Hyunjin smiles as she sees her.

“Don’t fail us, Hyunjin” Uncle gives a kiss to Hyunjin’s forehead and hugs her before letting her go.

Now outside, where Eunbi had just sat next to Hyewon, it was pretty awkward between the two of them, Chaewon looks at Minju and then back at Hyewon before sighing.

“Uhm, Minju-yah..” Chaewon laughs awkwardly as she slowly turns her head  to Minju who is calmly looking at the game.

Chaewon whispers. “I might’ve cheated on you”

“Let me guess, Hyewon, my cousin, she is being a playgirl once again because Eunbi rejected her” Minju responded, calmly once again.

Chaewon chuckles awkwardly once again. “At least you guessed it, right?”

“I’m not fazed, she’ll never learn”

“But I just told you we kissed” Chaewon says dumbfoundedly over seeing Minju’s calm reaction.

Minju comes to realize what Chaewon had done, making her quickly widen her eyes. “Wait, you never said-”

“Oh god! I just kissed you, that means I kissed my own cousin!” Minju exclaims before cleaning her mouth using her hand.

“Did you kiss her? Like lip to lip? If so we’ll break up” Minju threatened, Chaewon nodded but shook her head quickly after.

“Yes! No! She paid me-” Chaewon tries to reason, Minju gasps dramatically.

“That’s even worse! Why?!” Minju exclaimed as she shook Chaewon’s arm.

“To make Eunbi jealous or that’s what it seemed like, since Eunbi was pretty mad all the sudden.” Chaewon tries to explain, Minju finally calms down and groans.

“Ugh everything Kwangbae does for her, she even pretends to be Yena just to make Yuri fall in love with Yena” Minju spitted the truth out, even worse with Yena’s best friend.

“So the reason why Yuri has been acting weird, wasn't a miracle?! It was Hyewon all along?!” Chaewon shouts, Minju facepalms herself as she sighs.

“Minjuga..tto..”

Once the game had started, everything was going good, Hyunjin winning so far, but something hit her, she had started to feel dizzy all the sudden.

“Hyunjin!” Heejin shouts as she could see Hyunjin knows who was being a bit tipsy and missing some of her hits, Hansol could only just smirk at the situation, Uncle looks over at the opponent’s trainer who was also smirking.

A couple punches were being hit to Hyunjin, now it was over, Hyunjin had finally fallen to the ground.

“Shit” Uncle cursed under his breath as 10 seconds went by quick, the referee had called it, the opponent won, Heejin turned over to Hansol but Hansol had already left.

“Jjaeyeon? Are you okay?” Sakura asked, Chaeyeon shook her head.

Chaeyeon looks around at the current situation, Uncle had already entered the ring and started to curse at the referee while Heejin was trying to wake up Hyunjin. “Something isn’t right”

--time skip--

Heejin looks at Chaeyeon and Sakura then to Uncle who was sitting in silence. “Hyunjin is locked in her room”

“The doctor says she was drugged” uncle says a bit disappointed with the doctor's results.

Chaeyeon starts to remember earlier, when the opponent's trainer was being fishy.“ The water..”

“The water! The water must've had something!” Chaeyeon exclaims, standing up quickly, Uncle looks at her confusedly.

“Uncle, the water I gave her, the trainer put something in the water tank, I got the water from the water tank for Hyunjin”

“Lee Chaeyeon!” they all shout, Chaeyeon sighs as she had now started to feel bad.

Uncle sighs and pats Chaeyeon’s shoulder softly. “It’s not Chaeyeon’s fault for this, how was she supposed to know their plan”

“I think I need to go, someone is expecting me” Sakura excused herself, Chaeyeon turned her attention to Sakura who was packing up her things.

“Who?” asked Chaeyeon, with a tint of jealousy.

“Yuta, he wants me to see later” Sakura responded, Chaeyeon could only nod and let Sakura go out the door.