two

walking down the road back to his home, shotaro sighs as he tries his best to not trip over himself. he's drained of energy, coming home from school then working a part time job to support his family especially his little sister. 

holding on to a plastic bag that contained his sister's favorite snacks and milk, he continued walking while humming to the beat from his earphones. he smiled imagining the reaction of sakuya, his sister, once he gets home. she'd be studying in the living room, waiting for him to arrive then she'd welcome him home with a tight hug and share with him what he bought.

this japanese male's priority in life is to give everything he can for his sister. of course, his parents matter to him but his love for his sister is beyond compare. the reason he really sacrificed his time for a job was to help pay a portion of the girl's tuition and shoulder some school expenses like projects and allowance as well as save up for a decent gift for her birthday.

their parents aren't always home, working themselves off to pay up for the needs of the family. they're employed in several jobs to sustain the living. another reason why he decided to take the job offered by his classmate is that the remaining money he has from spending on his sister he'd separate in half: for himself and also for the house expenses. the job doesn't pay him that much but its enough to get him through. 

at first, he didn't understand the need to move to korea, but he respected his parents' decisions and lived with it even when it made life almost unbearable. they used to be living a comfortable life in japan but here they are. what can he do about it, right?  

shotaro has a talent for dancing. boy can pop off and go with the rhythm which became his other source of income. he'd sometimes take a gig of being a back-up dancer in some small events and join some talent contests to earn an extra. in conclusion, shotaro best boy.

something didn't feel right.

this wasn't like every other night. there was something wrong. 

he pulled one of his earphones out and cautiously looked around him, slowing down a bit trying to get a feel of the surroundings. he was aware he lived in the poorer sides of the town and the crime rate in the area is quite high. there were instances when you'd hear police sirens out of nowhere and sometimes, exchange of shots would fill up the silence of the night. when the boy didn't see anything suspicious, he continued going down the lit road.

the street might have good lighting but the ambiance said otherwise. he was surrounded by abandoned buildings that didn't really give the eerie feeling rather unsafe. 

the uncertain feeling went on and he decided to keep his earphones away to be more keen of his surroundings. shotaro felt scared but tried to keep calm. nothing good is going to happen if he panics. he sped up the pace a bit and kept looking back to check if someone was following him.