thirty-one

"she's not with us," sungchan avoided looking into the eyes of the male laying on the bed.

"what do you mean she's not with you?" shotaro snapped, not understanding what he meant. "wasn't that what we've been preparing for the longest time? to save her?" he fisted his blankets, "chanwoo, that fucker! let's start planning again!"

"he's dead as well," kun lowered his head. no one was prepared to see shotaro break down at the news.

"as well? as well?!" the japanese male's voice goes louder by every word. "what do you mean as well?! don't tell me... no."

"shotaro... hansol and sakuya were dead on arrival coming here." sungchan paused, not knowing what else to tell him and figuring that there was no other way to say what has happened while he was unconscious. "i'm so sorry, love—"

"where is she?" he swung his legs off the bed and jumped off. "i said where is she?!" he said pushing on sungchan's chest with the male's head still hung low. "bring me to her."

"shotaro," kun softly scolded the fragile male, "your dextrose! calm down; don't move around too much."

"kun," the japanese place a hand on the arm of the doctor who was adjusting the intravenous line of the patient and begged, "just bring me to her please. i want to see her again."

the eldest looked over the affairs officer who gave him a curt nod. they didn't have a choice anyway. shotaro has every right to see her even if it would hurt. "okay, i'll take you there." kun glanced once again at the silent male behind them and pointed to the drip stand for shotaro's dextrose, "sungchan, please escort him with the stand."

they walked out the small medical room that the japanese stayed at and walked about three doors down the hallway which had the two cold bodies. kun opened the door for them and stepped aside, nodding at the taller as sign of giving him the responsibility to watch over wounded boy.

shotaro took his time in entering the room, starting to tear up seeing two bodies covered in white cloths. he walked closer to the smaller body recognizing it as his sister's, slowly pulling down the cloth to reveal a clean face.

the boy could no longer hold it in and started screaming in agony and crying loudly, alarming a lot of people in the process. sungchan repidly stood behind him in case he were to faint or anything. the crying male turned to him, softly hitting his chest with his fists and chanting, "this wasn't supposed to happen to her." the taller had nothing to do but receive all the hits. it wasn't even painful, so he just took it hoping it would help the older.

the japanese repeatedly did that until he got tired and sunk down to the floor with the younger following suit, cradling him in his arms and letting him release all the emotions he had in him at the moment.