twenty-seven

the light peeking through the gap of the curtains is what greeted shotaro a good morning. trying to go back to sleep, he decided to turn around and was met with his lover's chest. he snuggled closer to block off the reminder that it is in fact another day to face.

sungchan groaned at the movement slowly waking up as well only to have a better morning to see the older cuddling up to him. unconsciously, he started to smile as he watched the sleeping male and tightened his hug around the small body. 

boy was he lucky to find a cute dumpling like shotaro. he started gently tracing the outline of his face to lightly poking his cheek which was just as soft as pillow. he could poke those cute cheeks forever and not ever get tired of it. watch it become a habit later on. "i love you so much, taro."

"i love you too but stop staring, will you?" the japanese laughed, looking up at the male from his position, "didn't you know that it is rude to stare, hm?" he drapped an arm over the younger's torso as if they couldn't get any closer. 

"i'm not staring," the affairs officer defended himself, glancing elsewhere to find a reasonable answer and wincing as his eyes spotted the morning light that came through. after a few seconds of debating whether or not he should say something stupid, he decided to just go with it, "i'm just focusing my eyes that is filled with so much love and admiration on you."

"yeah," shotaro laughed again. that giggle that was music to the taller's ears, always his motivation in making him happy. "that totally isn't staring." he sat up only to have the other pull him down softly in attempt to bring him back to his side.

"don't leave me!" sungchan whined, "i'm going to die of loneliness if you leave me." he shifted closer to the sitting figure, hugging him to convince him to go back to sleep with him.

"i'll make us something to eat," the older pushed back the male's messy hair and pressed his morning kiss on his forehead. "i'll come back as fast as i can, hm?"

"no!" the sleepy male pretends to sob, emotionally manipulating him to come back but it was too late as the smaller has already left the bed and entered the bathroom to freshen up before going down to the kitchen.

"uh, good morning?" the japanese male walked through the empty halls with his voice bouncing off the walls. he checked the living room and the several rooms or offices on the ground floor to see absolutely no one around. they probably were exhausted from arranging the surprise yesterday which reminds him to visit again later and snap several shots as keepsake. 

well, looks like i have the kitchen to myself then. shotaro hugged himself as the air from the ac was quite chilly and entered the quiet kitchen grabbing ingredients for souffle pancakes that he used to make for his family. 

after mixing the batter and leaving the pancakes to cook for a few minutes, he sat on the counter opposite to the stove and looked through the gallery of his phone. the unaccompanied boy smiled as he continued to swipe across the photos. 

a photo of sungchan proudly posing with those weird ass clothes that he picked out for him, then random moments of him sleeping on his lap. and for a moment there, his smiled dropped as he reached his family pictures— his complete family with the cake he baked together with sakuya for his parents' anniversary. it was approximately a month before they were murdered in their own home.  he swiped for the next photo, it turned out to be a video of him and his sister pretending to make a vlog while baking that cake. shotaro hesitated to play it but he missed hearing her voice and opened it. they were laughing with their faces filled with the icing. just as he was approaching the camera the younger girl through flour at him and ran, resulting in a chase that was no longer caught within the frame.