twenty-eight

"everyone remember your positions, alright?" taeyong talked over the walkie talkie as they were situated in different cars, "watch each other's back, hm? let's go home all together." he sighed as he shakily took his finger off the device. the leader was anxious of what may happen. there are chances that their plans could still go wrong. the encounter may possibly be a big one and might turn into a blood bath; he doesn't want the blood coming from his own men—brothers rather. 

"we'll make it through, yong." jaehyun wrapped an arm around his lover and reassured him. he knew that his restlessness was eating him away at the moment. "we got the best fighters out there and i'm sure they'll do everything to protect who they love as well."

"it just doesn't feel right, jaehyun." the leader snuggled up to the other, "i'm usually one to be confident but shit, this is making me scared. we won't know if someone gets hurt or—"

"calm down," the underboss pressed a kiss on the smaller's temples, tightening his one arm hug, "let's only hope for the best, okay?"

it was the day that they were going up against their rivals and it was truly nerve-wracking, but it was the only way to end problems before they can get any bigger than they already are and to end their connection with shotaro. 

speaking of that male, he was dressed as if he was beaten up and had fake bruises to which looked very believable thanks to ten's artsy skills. the male was sitting up straight and watching the buildings quickly passing by through the window. sungchan observed him and knew he was scared. heck, they all were. who knows how what would happen at the end of the night? were they even truly prepared? 

he took hold of the older's hand and brushed his thumb over his knuckles, "love, look at this way," sungchan used his other hand to turn the male's head to face him and caressed his cheek, "we'll get back sakuya and you two will be together again. she'll be safe with us."

"i hope so too, love. i hope so too."

"tie him up," taeyong turned away as one of the members bring out the rope for shotaro who closed his eyes, praying and bracing himself for the next events. 

"we'll make this quick, taro." renjun offered him a smile, "loosen up, hm? just be alert for everything and anything." he didn't tighten the cord so the male could easily escape if ever the need arises. after tying up the japanese male, he returned to his place next to jaemin and jeno and began to arrange his belongings while taking in the image of his two other lovers. renjun was pretending to be fine but he was scared as fuck in the inside.

the plan was to show up to the east mafia stating that they have caught their 'spy' and was going to return him. with donghyuck's earlier guess that they were working also with south side mafia, they have assumed that they may be present tonight. knowing that they possibly can be outnumbered, it resulted into them calling for their trained associates to be gunmen who will be situated a bit farther from the meeting for their safety as taeyong didn't want to risk innocent lives. taeil hacked into the east side system and left them a message to meet at this specific place. hence, here they are. stopped a few blocks away from the area an hour before the time they informed the other group just to finalize some things out. they load out of their vehicles, fixing both their earpieces, weapons, and a big amount of ammunition.