nineteen

breakfast was a tension filled one. it was a mix of different emotions. 

for one, there was teasing from xiaojun seeing that shotaro came out of sunchan's room in the morning since they didn't know of him sleeping there. the moment the two walked out the door, they came across xiaojun and hendery. the two were glad to see the japanese male out of the basement, meaning his good intentions have been proven but they were instantly teased on the spot. 'don't do it yet without the label, hm?' hendery even joked.

two, the guilty feeling members had for accusing shotaro, special mention goes to renjun. he knew the story of his family was real, but why didn't he try to understand him first before dragging him? he truly felt sorry towards the member and ashamed to look at him in the eye. jeno and jaemin advised him to just go up to him and apologize because everyone knew of how kind the accused male was.

and three, the uncomfortable feeling shotaro and sungchan shared the moment they saw taeyong and jaehyun. memories of their voices from last night played in their minds, making them turn away at once and kept their gaze on their plates. the two would avoid any type of interaction with the higher ranked males making others think that shotaro might have been disturbed by the turn of events.

once the meal was done, the affairs man and escape man decided to volunteer and stay behind to clean up with the latter doing almost everything because he didn't want the affairs officer to get tired. they took their sweet time in removing the left overs and washing the plates as to avoid the kitchen couple, but they weren't so successful in doing so. the boss and underboss were waiting for them right outside the kitchen. 

"why were the two of you avoiding us the whole morning?" taeyong asked, raising an eyebrow. "are you angry at us, taro?"

"uh, no?" he replied that came more of a question. he was looking at the taller male for help. 

"ah boss," he stopped when the two higher-ups looked at him. well here goes nothing. "we just happened to come from the field last night and," shotaro was beyond shocked that the male was really going to say it. his expression wasn't unnoticed by jaehyun which made him more curious until he realized they were in the kitchen last night, "and we kinda heard the two of you... moan—"

taeyong put a hand out to quiet the male, "no, we were not moaning. what the fuck? wait, is this the reason you two have been ignoring us all morning?" the two nodded, lowering their heads in fear of what the leader might say next but were surprised to hear a laugh instead. "god, jaehyun! i didn't know we sounded like that!" the eldest hit the underboss's arm. "this is your fault! you're scaring the kids!"

the two looked at one another then at the older couple with a confusion written across their faces, but at the same time they didn't want to hear anything further from them. they should be keeping their innocence for as long as they could. 

"we were just playing around last night, kids." jaehyun smiled with those adorable dimples and patted the japanese male's shoulder as he happened to be closer to him. they didn't want to put the words playing around in a different context, so they will leave it at that. "you probably heard taeyong whining because i stole his ice cream."

taeyong laughed at the memory, making the younger couple laugh awkwardly while eyeing one another and thinking of a way to get out of this conversation. jaehyun continued talking despite the uncomfortable look the two gave them, "and you must have heard him complaining that i placed too much sprinkles."

"it was basically sprinkles with ice cream instead of the other way around!" the leader whined which made the two slowly relax to the small talk. "now i know. i understand why you've been acting weird. no hard feelings, hm?" he referred to shotaro who nodded, "no hard feelings, boss. i know you were looking out for the group."