twenty-four

shotaro woke up from the light shaking he felt. he opened one eye to see his lover's face right in front of his, instantly making him wide awake and backing away. the male instantly regretted when he felt a pang of pain on his arm

"hey, hey! careful!" sungchan assisted him to sit in a proper position, "i don't know if that makes it a good morning but anyways good morning, love."

"good morning, channie." the japanese male's voice hoarse, gripping on his arm. 

"is too painful? should i call kun to check on your wound? or jaemin? jisung?" the affairs officer stressed over seeing the male in pain, ready to leave the room and call for any of the three med guys.

"no, no!" the injured male shook his head, not wanting to bother anyone else. "i probably just felt something from suddenly moving. relax, hm?"

upon hearing the confirmation, sungchan decided not too force the male and brought forth the tray table carrying their breakfast that he left on the bedside table. "i got us breakfast, so you don't have to leave the room."

"but i didn't hurt my legs! i can walk," the other male pouted as he gently rubbed his arm. "you didn't have to do this."

"but i can," the taller smiled, "so i did." he settled the tray in between the two of them and started preparing the utensils.

"channie, i can sense that—" the mentioned male cut him off with the a big smile, "taro chain is back!" the japanese shook his head jokingly, face palming himself with his good hand. he knew it. he really did.

there was no getting out of this, so shotaro went with the flow. its not like its anything bad and he appreciated sungchan's efforts for him. while he was chewing, the younger decided to inform him of his agenda for the day. "hey, taro?" he heard a hum, "so we wanted you to continue to rest first to hasten the healing process. i'll be taking your place in the meetings for the mean time."

"are you sure?" there he was again being the sweetheart he is. "i can sit in throughout the meeting at least?"

"you don't need to," the affairs officer reassured, "you still need to rest."

"but its my sister you guys are talking about," the japanese pouted, "this is for her and i want to help."

"you've done so much for her," sungchan smiled at him, "i'd even tell her about it once she's with us and it'll make her really proud of you, but for now please don't tire yourself out, hm?"