eighteen

"i'm sorry," sungchan mumbled as he stood next to the japanese who was enjoying the cool breeze just by the back door, "i should've listened to you first before saying such things. i didn't want to hurt you, but i guess i did. i really am sorry."

the older smiled at him, "its fine. i understand that it'll be hard to believe in me when i've lied in the first place." they sunk in silence as they watched the stars of the night sky. "but thank you," shotaro took the younger's hand in his, "thank you for proving them wrong, for helping me."

the affairs officer interlaced their fingers together, still relying on his crutches at the moment. "taro?" he heard a soft 'yeah' as a reply, "you remember that time in the clinic before they brought you to the basement? when i was about to confess to you?"

the smaller was taken back by the sudden topic, taking his eyes off the sky and looking up at the male, "what about it?"

"do you think its the perfect time for me to tell you how i feel?" sungchan found the flustered male cute, "is there someone who'd ruin the moment again?"

"even after everything i did?" shotaro tried to let go of the younger's hand but only for him to tighten it, "doesn't it feel wrong to you?"

"what's wrong with loving a person who knows how to sacrifice so much out of love too?" sungchan smiled, "ain't we here to build each other up again?"

the japanese felt his heart beat faster at the male's words. his family surely loved him but this kind of love brought the butterflies in his stomach to life. "we sure are here for one another."

"the incident also confirmed my feelings for you. i'm ready to do anything for you," the taller brought him closer to his body, "i love you so damn much, shotaro."

it was as if the stars he was looking at have been stuck in his eyes. shotaro's eyes were filled with honest love for the taller male. he was glad that sungchan still felt the same for him and he, himself, knew that his love for the affairs officer was still the same, probably even grew stronger by how he saved him back there. 

"i love you too, channie."

while the two were outside the house letting their feelings out for one another, there was another on going meeting for a new mission. "i need you to spy—"

"but that's chittaphon's job," lucas whined at the leader but quickly sat up straight when the underboss gave him a look.

"it involves getting a girl to like you—" before taeyong could finish his sentence, he was once again cut off by the the younger male.

"that's more like it!" the seducer clapped his hands together enthusiastically. 

"can you let me finish the damn sentence?" the annoyed boss slammed his hand on the table making his partner bite his lip to hide his amusement and making the youngest pout, "and lucas, do you want jungwoo to make you sleep outside, hm?" the scolded male shook his head and kept his eyes on the paper in front of him, "as i was saying, we have picked up some intel from the investigations the two teams did earlier and we'll have to get more information from the daughter of the east side mafia boss."

"we're enrolling you to school—" the seducer once again stopped the sentence but this time it was jaehyun who was abruptly paused, "ew, school!" taeyong didn't stop himself from glaring and raising his eyebrow at the male as if asking him if he's declining the mission being given to him. lucas immediately nodded, "i mean, there is absolutely no problem with that! i'll prepare for it."