thirty-four

"how in daegalaxy did you lose your child?!" mark whisper shouts, trying not to blow their cover as they looked for the missing kid. "the only responsibility you have for the entire day?!"

"i don't know!" the father of the child panics not seeing his son anywhere in the area. "just help me keep looking!"

"we're on a damn vacation and you lose the kid in a place we aren't familiar with! and on your anniversary!" the assassin scolds his member as he checked behind the couch they were sitting on before he realizes that the dad was no longer holding a baby.

"technically, this is neo culture technology's private island," jisung chimed in as he helped looking for the little boy whom must've crawled his way around the room, but mark threw a glare in his direction to which he shrugged off.

"is there any way to call him?" mark asks the father, gathering easier ways to find the missing child. "because we better hurry up before the rest comes back and most especially your husband."

"how the hell would you call a baby? they don't have phones attached to them, do they?" jisung replies sassily as if he got the point right with a weird expression.

mark pinched the bridge of his nose and hissed, "i meant like has he learned or familiarized himself with his name, jisung."

"oh!" the youngest realizes what the older meant and placed two fingers in a peace sign together with an awkward laugh. oh my god, what was i even thinking? there's no way i could take care of our own baby if i'm like this.

"shochan!" sungchan called his son, "where's my baby dumpling?"

they suddenly heard giggles from behind the curtain and sungchan ran to see his son hiding there. he must've crawled there and stayed because of the cool air from the window.

"don't leave me like that again, hm? you got me nervous for a moment there, shochannie." the father talks to him as if the boy would understand a word he said. he tickled the baby's tummy and listened to him giggle again makes his heart flutter.

"shochannie!" a voice called cutely from behind making the three males and baby turn towards the door. the little dumpling made grabby hands towards his papa who have just arrived. the baby spoke gibberish as he was in his papa's hold, softly resting his chubby hands on his father's cheeks as he was slightly lifted in the air.

shochan earned the nickname of little dumpling from inheriting shotaro's cute puffy cheeks. also just like his papa, when this little baby smiles his eyes would form small crescents that could melt anyone's heart, thus making the affairs officer have the feeling of falling in love again.

"happy anniversary, love." sungchan approached his husband and child.

the night they were once again reunited on their leaders' wedding, they came from the flower field and spent all the time in the world in their room. one kiss led to another then another plus another and boom shakalaka, here is their little dumpling in their life. they might have went ahead in making a family instead of the wedded couple.

"happy anniversary too, channie." shotaro placed a gentle kiss on his lover's cheek and returned his attention to his mini-me who kept whining probably because he wants their attention as well.

the dad chuckled acknowledging his son's pursuit in calling them. shochan was his mini-me when it came to attitude— a whiny boy who just wants something. "alright, alright. what do you need, my dumpling hm?"