thirteen

shotaro has been staring at the seat in front of him for the whole ride. for some reason, he caught a glimpse of the news earlier about a kid getting hit by a stray bullet and he felt something bad. no, its not pity. its more of a premonition. he felt like something was bound to happen tonight on his first crucial mission and he isn't liking it one bit.

fingers snapping in front of him brought him back to the present. it was jeno calling him while holding on to his rifle, "you know what you got to do, right? you know the plans and where to go, right?" as the captain, he should be making sure that everyone knew what the mission was for and making sure that they'll get home.

and this time, shotaro wasn't just going to be in the car seat, he'll be in action. besides the fact that they didn't let him drive because he seemed to be not himself at the moment.

"shotaro's partner is?" jeno asked while looking at the other members even when he knew the answer. he just wanted confirmation and another reason to tease a specific someone once the mission is done.

"obviously me," sungchan answered picking up his gun and looking at the timid male, "no one else but me."

the japanese hasn't replied not once in the whole conversation which alarmed the affairs officer, "hey, keep yourself alarmed, alright? we can do this. nothing will go wrong."

the older nodded at him while looking out the window, remembering the words hansol said before leaving the house, "beware of your actions, taro. one wrong move and," he finished his sentence with his thumb going across his neck. and when someone was about to come close to them the older member immediately hugged shotaro as if to wish him good luck but whispered, "we won't want sungchan dead, right? or probably someone else?" that made the japanese's eye widen but the other quickly left him alone.

"yeah, definitely. you guys trained me well anyways," the anxious male smiled, shifting his gaze to the other members who genuinely felt worried for him. "i'll be more attentinve now. don't worry."

"we're here," donghyuck announced as he stopped the car far away from the rival's warehouse. looking through the rearview to see the uneasy male, "hey, taro. i said, we're here."

shotaro took a good long look at the building. yup, i don't have a good feeling about any of this. 

sneaking in was fairly easy. donghyuck was guessing that they had minimal troops outside to make the place look less suspicious.

taeil monitored from the base and was alerting them of people within range and checking other information through his many monitors.

"this building has more or less thirty people," taeil informed after looking through their system and counting the number of employees they had for the day. "sungchan and shotaro can take on the third level, it has the least people. jeno, jisung, chenle go to the second. mark, renjun, donghyuck, jaemin stay on the first floor, most of the people are there."

"bet there'd be more," renjun kept his voice low, "better expect more, so we won't get overwhelmed." everyone was positioned at the back door of the building, leaning against the wall and waiting for a go signal from the base.

"stick to me no matter what," sungchan looked over his shoulder to see the smaller gripping his gun a little to hard. he turned around and took hold of one of his hands, "i won't let anything happen to you."

"three are approaching, guys," taeil said through the line, "looks like this is where your battle starts. be careful and come home, kids. we're all waiting for you." for some reason, that statement felt calming to shotaro. it made him think that he should really do his best here.