1. Nico x Reader

Imagine... having nightmares.

"Nico," you breathed, holding your boyfriend's head as he was barely conscious.

He laid on the ground, deathly pale and sickly thin. You only focused your attention on him, ignoring the Giants', Otis and Ephialtes that your friends fought.

You nearly cry as Nico breathed shallowly. You've gone crazy without him lately. It's been such a long time since you last saw him... Now here he is, dying in your very arms.

"Nico." You shook his shoulders, your voice on edge. If you lost him-- no. No, no, no.

That's not going to happen, you thought.

You only received a grunt in response.

You brushed the black hair that covered his forehead, hoping he'd at least say a word to you.

He could say anything and you wouldn't care.

Nico groaned. "(y/n)?" He croaked.

You held his head against your chest. "Thank the gods your okay."

Nico only stared absently, but you could see the fear within them. Tartarus must've let him scarred.

You wished he hadn't left you without notice. You a lot of time worrying about you. But now, when he laid in your arms, you couldn't help but shed a few tears.

Nico shakily lifted his arm, wiping the stray tear away. He spoke weakly, in the form of a whisper. "It's - it's okay. I'm-" He leaned forward, coughing up blood. He shook forcibly, his chest wracking with coughs. Suddenly, blood began to drip out of his mouth, covering his grey shirt.

You were unable to speak, unable to move any limb in your body.

Nico wheezed, but laid back in your arms, staring up at you with his lips stained red. He held your hand while you sat there shocked unable to do anything. He spoke in a strained voice, though his eyes to move lazily. "I-I love . . ."

Nico's hands dropped to his side, his eyes roll-

...✁...

You shot up in bed screaming from the horrid nightmare, drenched in sweat while clutching the blankets, your hair matted against your forehead.

You woke up Nico who laid next to you. He tumbled onto the floor in surprise, and suddenly reached for his Stygian sword that his underneath your bed.

"(Y/n)?" he said rising from the floor, ready to run out the door. "What's wrong?"

The horrible reoccurring nightmares of him dying kept you awake at night. Now -- this one had been completely different. It took place when you were both 14, but that had been seven years ago. Now you and Nico are the age of 21, living in New Rome.

When you didn't answer, Nico dropped his sword, crawling into bed next to you. He wrapped an arm around you, pulling you into his warm and comfortable arms. "Come on, (y/n)," he whispered by your ear. "You can tell me."

You didn't meet his eye, but you moved even closer hugged to Nico.

"It's just a small nightmare, ghost boy," you lied, taking a deep breath. "It's... nothing big."

Nico sighed."Maybe you can tell me about it in the morning, okay?" Nico buried his face in your hair. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Nico."

...✁...

Hey guys! I know its short, but I'm kind of having writers block today.

Happy ending for once!

I'm working on a Jason Grace one shot right now.
I'll post the Jason x Reader later today.

So stay tuned!

-A