2. Connor x Mortal!Reader part ii

Dedicated to those who waited.

Imagine . . . meeting up with Connor in the park a week later.

You sat in the middle of Central Park with a book resting on your lap, on a bench in front of an enormous fountain. You wore a cute floral dress with a light denim jacket. It was about one in the afternoon and you were waiting for Connor.

It was a beautiful period of the year where the leaves on the trees were beginning to change colors, the weather was slowly becoming cooler, and it was almost time for children and teens to return to school-- meaning you would return to school for your final year of high school in the days to come.

You've been sitting there for about an hour or two now, and you were wondering when he would get there. Soon you would have to leave, you had to work your shift again at your family's store. He didn't even specify what time or where in the park, but you were hoping he would come around.

You kept twirling a piece of paper in your hands just in case he happened to pass.

On it you wrote call me sometime ;) with your number and name listed below it. It still confused you when when Connor left you that note. Had he written it before hand? Or does he happen to carry around a piece of scratch paper with him just in case if he sees a cute girl? Shrugging to yourself, you tucked it away in your pocket for later.

You continued to read for who knows how long. It wasn't until a quiet and nervous voice interrupted you from your readings. "E-excuse me?" You looked up to see Connor holding a bouquet of roses in his hands. You had to admit, Connor cleaned up nicely. He dressed in khakis with a white button down shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. "You're (y/n), right? I-I mean, it would be pretty awkward if you weren't." Despite being nervous, his unwavering, crooked smile reached his blue eyes.

You nodded and rose to your feet so that you only stood a foot away. "I was starting to wonder when you show up," you smiled.

A faint blush covered his cheeks. "Sorry . . . I spent it searching for you." His bright eyes fell to the flowers in his hands. "I got you these-- freshly picked from my garden for you."

"Thank you, Connor, they're beautiful," you accepted his gift and slowly reached down to hold his hand.

"I know," he said cheekily, seeming to have gained his self-confidence. "They reminded me of you."

How you managed to snag a cute and nice guy like Connor as a date would forever be a mystery to you. In your earlier years of high school, you were never chased by boys. Sure you had a few admirers here and there, but that was most likely it.

Suddenly, the alarm on your watch went off, meaning you had to leave for your work shift.

Connor raised his eyebrows in curiosity as he awaited for an explanation.

"I'm sorry," you sighed with a slight frown. "My shift-- I have to leave for work."

If only if he had shown up earlier.

Connor nodded in understanding, although his upbeat mood was gone. "It's fine."

You both went your separate ways. It wasn't until you got to your family's store that dawned on you that you never gave him your number.

You never got his either.

An annoying shrill voice pierces your thoughts. "Where have you been?" your mother glared at you as she handed you your blue work shirt. It was clear that she was going to take some money out of your pay, but you had plenty of money considering you had been working every week day that week.

You took it and slipped it over your dress as you took your place behind the cash register. "Mom, I'm sorry, I just got caught up--" The chimes at the door alerted you someone has entered.

Mom gave you a cold glance after giving the costumer a fake happy smile. "We'll talk later," she whispered harshly and moved to the back of the store.

You opened up a magazine sitting on the counter. The title read Immortals Magazine. You then blinked and read Peoples Magazine and shrugged to yourself.

You decided on putting that back on the wrack before your mother caught you off task and lectured you.

"Listen to me!" a male-- the customer that entered said in irritation. The next words were muffled since they were out of your hearing range.

Upset, you went to reach for your book that you were set on finishing but then you remembered. You had left it in the park.

It couldn't get much worse.

When the customer from earlier set their things on the counter, you hastily scanned each item and shoved them into a bag without much thought.

You looked up to see a familiar face and it brought a smile onto your face. "Connor?"

The teen sadly smiled and shook his head. "I'm Travis, his older brother. Connor's outside on my pegas-- I mean in my car, waiting for me," he said with a wink.

You told him how much he owed and he paid you-- unlike last time. "Well, if you don't mind, would you give this to Connor? It seems like he has something of mine," you said, handing Travis the note from earlier with your number.

After a long stare, Travis reluctantly took it and shoved it into his breast pocket and nodded. The same crooked smile that you saw on Connor rose onto Travis' face. "Alright," he agreed and walked out of your store.

You expected Connor to come running in, but much to your disappointment he didn't.

You stared at the door for twenty straight minutes in hopes of seeing him, but you didn't. It wasn't until your shift was nearly over that you received a text:

6:12 PM: hi its cunner
6:12 PM: connor**
6:14 PM: would you do me the honors of accompanying me on a movie-dinner date tomorrow around 6?

Before you could even respond, the store doors chimed and Connor walked holding a whiteboard over his chest:

[   ] Yes
[   ] choice # 1
[   ] choice #2

You smiled, walking over to him and engulfing him in a hug.

"I'll take that as a yes?" he said with a charming smile.

"Of course," you grinned before placing an unexpected kiss on his soft pink lips.

hey guys! it's been a while since i updated whoops
I'm really busy with marching band and hw so it'll be a while until the next update rip

q: did you know the Stolls, are in fact, not twins?
a: yep but I refuse to accept it 😐
-A