9. College AU!Percy x Reader part iii

art by cherryandsisters! he looks so cute c:

Imagine... going out to lunch with Percy like the two of you agreed.

"Ha!" you heard Percy shout. "I won!" he cheered, removing his goggles from his eyes.

You rolled your eyes and pulled yourself out of the pool.

Percy won the little challenge the two of you created, but only by a little. It was a fairly close race. "Want to grab food after practice?"

You stuck your hand out to him and pulled him up.

"Sure," you nodded.

Practice went by quickly. Since it was the first practice of the year, it consisted more of ice breakers and bonding than actual swimming. Although you did a few laps in the pool.

The two of you exchanged numbers for later as
Percy dropped you off in front of your dorm. "I'll text you once I'm ready, okay? Which dorm do you live in?"

"Okay," Percy smiled as you hopped out of his car. "I live in Eastern Shore next to Liberty."

You took a quick shower and got dressed to rinse off the chlorine from your skin. You added a slight amount of makeup before throwing on a pair of denim shorts and a tank top with your school's logo on it.

On your way out you grabbed your wallet and car keys, discovering you only had five dollars to spend on you and Percy.

"Piper," you called to your other roommate. You have two roommates but Annabeth wasn't in your room.

Piper sat at her desk, watching Netflix but also reading a textbook for her business class. She's a business major after all and pretty darn good saleswoman.

"Do you know any places I can go to eat under five bucks?" You asked.

Piper paused her show. "Oh gods, what crazy plan are you planning on this time, (l/n)?"

"You know Percy Jackson, right? The swimmer?"

Piper raised her eyebrows. "You mean the guy you keep obsessing about — the one you keep trying to beat his swimming records?"

" "Yes," you sighed. "I made a small bet with him on who could beat who—"

"Let me guess," Piper stopped you. "You lost?"

" . . . Yes," you said, hanging your head in shame. "Now I owe him lunch and I have five dollars."

Piper burst out laughing which led the two of you to giggle over what happened. "Take him to Costco," she suggested.

"I don't have a membership."

"My friend Leo and I kept sneaking in through the exit. We would go through the line of groceries."

Now that, sounded like a good plan.

You said goodbye to your roommate and got into your car and drove over to the dorm Percy resided in. It was about a ten-minute walk from yours but easy to access with a car.