2. Travis x Mortal!Reader

Imagine . . . Travis standing up for you.
TW: abuse

You frowned and tugged at your boyfriend's hand. "We shouldn't stay out here any longer."

He ignored you and pulled his hand away from your grasp, causing you to be slightly hurt by his apathy.

He worried you and you were concerned for his well-being, but he wasn't listening.

You and Zach were visiting a grave. You were here for moral support. Although it was freezing, pouring rain, and windy. Despite wearing a raincoat, water was slowly leaking through from how long you've outside.

It was the death anniversary of his mother.

Zach continued to kneel in the mud and finally placed a bouquet on her grave.

It was difficult for him to let go of his past. It was a struggle this time of year, especially when his mother died from a drug overdose and drinking.

You understood. Every year, you've accompanied him. A few years you went as a friend but eventually, you went as a lover.

And finally, without saying a word, your boyfriend stood up. The poor guy stared at you with empty brown eyes, it caused your heart to wrench inside. His brown hair was matted to his skull from the rain.

You two left the cemetery, walking to McDonald's in the pouring rain only a few blocks away.

Inside, you approached him with open arms and he pushed past you. "Go buy something for yourself," he said and handed you ten dollars. "I'm going to the bathroom."

You sighed to yourself, knowing he was in one of his moody, anti-social attitudes once again. Why did he keep pushing you away? You loved him and he loved you, so why was he so hot and then cold a second later?

It hurt to be tossed aside like a rag doll, but you ordered something for yourself, knowing very well if you ordered something for Zach, he wouldn't eat it. He would get upset at you for wasting money and make you feel bad for trying to be thoughtful and considerate in the first place.

"I don't need you to watch out for me," he would angrily mumble at you, you envisioned in your head.

Thankfully, it was warm and dry inside the establishment. You approached the counter and behind it stood a girl with short wavy dark hair with streaks of purple lacing through it. "Hi, how may I help you today, love?"

You ordered. The kind girl handed you a receipt and a red number stand to place on your table.

You found a table for two easily and took a seat, waiting for Zach to return. While you waited, you took out your phone and scrolled through Tik-Tok.

Five minutes had passed and you decided to text Zach.

You: are you okay?

No response.

You: Zach
You: ?

You decided to approach the men's bathroom. Although you noticed it was closed off and being cleaned.

"You can't come in right now," warned the McDonald's employee.

"I'm sorry, but I was just checking on my boyfriend," you said, trying to peer in. "He's in the bathroom. He's was wearing a black jacket and red sneakers."

The employee knit their eyebrows together, a look of pity crossing their face. "Sorry kid, but he walked out that door ten minutes ago."

"Oh."

He left.
He abandoned you.

You felt empty. Numb. You walked back to your table, feeling the water in your shoe squish and move around with every step uncomfortably.