3. Will x Reader

Imagine... meeting Will Solace (again).

You smiled to yourself, staring through the display window, which presented two puppies play-fighting with each other.

Wanting to adopt one (or a kitten), you entered the pet store, with the name Solace's Pet Store. The place where all pets are welcomed!

Solace, you wondered. Why did it seem familiar to you? The name made you anxious, could it possibly be a demigod? You knew a lot of names, but you were unsure wether it's a demigods name. It has been three years since you've been to Camp Half-Blood. Mainly because you're too old to stay.

The area smelled fresh, unlike what you expected. You first thought it would smell like a barn, but instead it smelt like lavender flowers... and some how, the mood felt happy? Almost as if a ray of sunshine parting through the clouds.

You shrugged, looking around to for puppies. You noticed a blonde guy near the cash register, with his back turned to you. You doubted he noticed you enter, but you continued.

You searched for puppies everywhere, but none were insight. Only kids (goat babies), parrots, mice, chinchillas, birds, kittens, fish, snakes, turtles, and other reptiles/amphibians.

No puppies? you thought. This store carries everything else, but no dogs?

A voice from behind scared you. "May I help you with anything ma'am?"

You spun around, a hand placed over your chest. You immediately reached for your dagger, but the person in front of you had already pushed you into the wall nearby, a celestial knife pressed closely to your neck.

You stared in confusion at the blonde before you. You swore you knew him from somewhere, but you couldn't place a finger.

The shaggy haired guy rose an eyebrow. "(y/n)?"

The twenty year old released his hold, but you pinned him against the wall. "What's your name?" you asked.

"Will," he answered, although hurt tinged his voice. "Will Solace. You don't remember me? We were archery buddies."

You only remember Michael Yew, and a few others like Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase.

Michael Yew died a few summers ago, and you miss him- and Lee Fletcher. A bunch of Apollo kids have gone missing or are dead.

"I'm sorry," you muttered. "I remember the name Solace, but not Will Solace." You released him, a sudden blush creeping on his cheeks.

"Oh..." Will stared at his feet. His head suddenly shot up, confidence showing in his azure eyes.

Will dropped the knife, cupping your cheeks, pressing his lips against yours. The sweet taste of peppermint lingered on your lips as he pulled away.

Will once again stared somewhere else, unable to meet your eyes. The sudden boost of confidence he had disappeared. "Sorry." He spoke to the floor, sheepishly. "I thought if we maybe kissed... you would remember."

You ran a finger over your lips, feeling numb, possibly feeling excited... and over joyed by Will's efforts. You doubt this was the first time you've experienced this.

Your face burned. "Have we. . . kissed before?"

". . .Yes."

"Oh."

Gods, you thought. You've kissed this hot blonde before. Your cheeks flared up at the thought.

You managed a smile. "It... was nice meeting you again, Will."

You turned, facing the direction of the exit- until the thought of adopting an animal entered your mind. You spun around on the heels of your feet. "Are you selling puppies...? Or..."

Will shrugged. "Sorry, (y/n). The last customer adopted it. We sell kittens- special ones only demigods can get."

Will lead you to a place in the back of the store. There was a small box open, that contained a litter of kittens that were colored (blue, pink, purple, and orange).

"Aww," you gushed, instantly reaching into the box.

'No, wait," Will said. "That one is-"

A ginger colored kitten bursted into flames in your hands. You screamed as the fire licked your skin. The kitten jumped out of your hands, scampering away along with others.

You cradled your hands against your chest, the searing pain making you feel dizzy.

Will approached you. "May I look at your burns?"

Your skin was peppered with blisters, your skin becoming crinkly- not the growing old crinkly, but paper crinkly.

You had a sudden sense of deja vu, but you pushed it aside. You outstretched your arms, Will guiding you to a nearby sink. He opened the tap, waiting for the water to become luke warm. The warm water felt nice to your skin.

"You know, I remember you getting burned a lot on the Climbing Wall at Camp Half-Blood," Will smiled, attempting to lighten your spirits. "You wore a brave face, although you were in deep pain."

An embarrassed blush rose to your cheeks. You remembered crying to a son of apollo when you entered- you didn't think it would have been Will. No matter how many times you burned yourself, you always cried.

Will hummed under his breath, your burns fading away the longer he sang.

A purple kitten climbed on to your lap. Just as you were to push it away, Will stopped you.

"Wait," he said. He lifted your finger, running the nail onto the purple fur of the animal. When you removed your nail, it had nail polish.

Whoa, you thought.

"Is it like, the Aphrodite version of a kitten?" you asked. If this is true, then the kitten that burned you must've been a Hephaestus kitten.

Will nodded, while taking your hand, smiling cheekily. "How about I close up shop early to go to my house?"

"I'd like that."