4. Nico x Reader

A/n: warning, cursing in this one shot! read note at the bottom please.

Imagine... Nico comforting you after you find out your boyfriend cheated on you.

"Zach...?" you muttered, staring at the teenaged boy before you, who sat on your bed, with another brunette in his arms. "W-what do you think you're doing?"

Everyone else in the cabin faced away, your own sister and brothers. How come they haven't told me anything, you asked yourself. How long has this been going on?

It was dead silent, meaning everyone was listening. They didn't even bother to stop them? Even on my own bed?

The girl that sat in his lap, already ran away before you could see her face. But you caught the green plant tattoo on her forearm.

Zach ran his large hand through his light brown hair, his brown eyes focused on the ground. He didn't bother to speak.

He was just caught cheating on me... with a Demeter girl.

Hot tears threatened to dribble down your reddening cheeks. "How long, Zach?" You managed to whisper out without your voice breaking. "...h-how long has this been going on?"

Zach attempted to reach out for your hand, but you brought your hand away from him as if his touch burned. Hurt showed in his brown eyes. "I'm sorry." He shook his head to himself, covering his face with his hands. "I was... lonely."

You snorted. "Lonely? Bull shit, Zach! I left on a quest for one week! You've gone on quests for a month, and did you ever find me kissing one of the Demeter boys 'cause I was 'lonely?' " You clenched your fists at your sides, your eyes squeezed closed to hide the tears. But this only made things worse. The tears you held back, fell freely down your hot face.

Zach immediately rose to his feet, cupping your cheeks and wiping the fallen tears with his thumbs.

"Stop," you hissed. "Get away from me," you yelled and pounded your fists against his shoulder.

"Babe--"

You reared away from his embrace, fiercely wiping your eyes with the back of your right hand. "We're done."

"(Y/n)... please..."

Taking one last look at your now ex-boyfriend, you left the (y/g/p) cabin, and walked into the woods.

Your weapon hung loosely in your hand. You wanted to clear your mind of the mental image you had formed of Zach and the Demeter girl.

You eventually got tired of walking, so you found a spot deep in the woods on a log.

You pulled your legs up, burying your face in your knees as a gust of cold wind blew your way.

Two years gone to waste, you thought. I could've been with Nico.

About six months ago, a certain son of Apollo told you Nico had feelings for you. You strongly doubted your close friend Nico, would have a crush on you. Although, his behavior did prove otherwise. The blushing, the stuttering, the constant staring.

Yet, you did find Nico cute. You didn't want to dump Zach for another guy... especially when you've been together for more than a year. It didn't seem right in your eyes.

But what Zach did wasn't right either.

The crunch of leaves startled you, but it was only a squirrel scavenging for acorns and nuts.

A hand was placed on your shoulder, which made you jump up and reach for you weapon.

Your arms dropped to your side as a pair of obsidian colored eyes met yours. You tucked your weapon away, your eyes not wanting to meet the boy directly in front of you.

You plopped back on the log, nudging at the dirt with your foot. Nico took a seat next to your, twisting the ring on his finger.

At times when both of you were alone with each other, he'd take his ring off and let your wear it briefly. You spent a lot of time with him at dusk.

"(Y/n)..." Your name rolled off his tongue in a purr. "I... I saw what happened... and followed you here."

You were positive no one followed you here, but Nico is good at sneaking around.

You remained silent, not wanting to speak. You came here to be alone. If you wanted to talk to Nico, you would have chose to.

"Listen..." Nico shoved his hands into his pockets. "I know you're upset and... Zach isn't worth crying."

A new wave of tears threatened to fall down the more he spoke. You wrapped your arms around your best friends shoulders, hiding your face in his aviator jacket.

Nico didn't seem to mind having his jacket wet. He stayed quiet, allowing you to finish crying.

Nico snapped his fingers, a flower made of bones spouting from the dirt. Nico bent over to pluck the flower out of the ground.

"You deserve better than Zach." He offered a small awkward smile, barely showing teeth while handing you the boney flower.

You didn't want to be rude, so you took it trying your very best not to freak out. "Uh, thank you."

You managed a weak smile, but you remembered what Nico said. "Do you... really think I deserve... better?"

"Of course," he muttered in a whisper, a blush rising to his cheeks. "You're beautiful and sweet... What more could a guy ask for?"

Before you could even muster out an answer, Nico sealed it with a kiss.

...................
Hey guys!

I actually got around to writing this ha ha (unedited).

I wanted to address something: Apollo x Reader.

I've been getting snotty comments and rude comments like, he's my dad! Gross! Or ew! He's a god and has kids!

Which I've already taken the liberty to delete the comments.

Yes I know, and this is why I specifically said, I suggest skipping if you consider yourself a child of Apollo.
I did not ask for your opinion whatsoever.

So back off and leave if you can't handle a single one shot, because there's more to come about Apollo.

(This isn't directed at everyone only to those who commented.)

Okay, so new cover!?

I don't know what to think of it?? Do you guys like it?

That's all for now, have a nice day! :)

-A