Ch. 5 Outside the Party

"Did you really fire her?"

"Yes," Bakugo grumbled as he quickly read over the speech. "She's annoying."

"She's also the first assistant I've ever heard you mention by name. Before her there was just 'Weird Nose,' 'Loud Eater,' and 'Cat Girl.'"

"Don't forget about 'Smelly' who always seemed like she was trying to sniff you,'" Midoriya chimed in.

Kirishima nodded. "And sniff us too when we stopped by."

"Wasn't there one who thought you and Kirishima were dating?" Shoto asked Bakugo.

"Yes! And then another," Kiri added on, "who was convinced that you needed therapy to deal with how you were always praised as a child only to realize later that your early strength may actually be your weakness as others improved faster than you?"

The table was quiet except for Midoriya who snorted. 

"Enough, morons. I fired y/n because I could. The end."

"Let me get this straight," Shoto said. "Y/n organized the limo for you tonight, obviously wrote this speech for you, then left a date to bring it to you after you forgot it, even though you fired her?"

"Did you have her pick out your clothes, too?" Kirishima laughed.

"Shut up."

"So you did! And, not to be creepy," Kirishima said, "but she's gorgeous. Talk about a good first impression when you come to your office."

"Can I hire her?" Midoriya asked. "Because she seems great."

"All of you shut up. I was going to rehire her anyway. I was just testing her."

"Right," Kirishima nodded. "Sure you were."

Luckily the speeches were the very first thing in the program and Bakugo was able to get it out of the way early. As he finished the speech, which he had to admit was pretty well-written, he glanced up from the podium, scanning the crowd.

He wasn't sure what he was looking for but... 

There. Standing at the back of the room.

Why was y/n still here?

Bakugo followed her outside, staying back a little so she wouldn't know he was there. He wasn't even sure why he followed her.

He watched as she paced back and forth, talking on the phone with someone. Watching her there, the streetlights shining on her, he had to admit that she looked incredible.

Aside from that first day, she'd mostly dressed in regular, normal clothes. Nothing like tonight.

With y/n, it was obvious to anyone that she was pretty, but tonight...

Tonight...

Everyone had stared at her, himself included, when she walked in earlier. How could they not?

That tiny, sparkly dress. Her gorgeous skin.

With y/n facing away from him now, he could see the smooth slope of her back, almost completely exposed by her dress. The open back dipped all the way down to tease the slight curve just below her waist, accentuating the small part of the dress that barely covered her ass.

He was pretty sure that she didn't even realize that when she sat down in Todoroki's lap earlier, he'd been able to see the black lace from the garters she was wearing as well.

Thinking about that lace, and where it led...

It led right to all kinds of thoughts he shouldn't be having about an employee.