Ch. 35 The Accusation

Author's note: Trigger warning - there's some dark stuff here as they try to figure out what happened. This chapter does reference r@pe and self-harm.  I know this story is kinda dark at times, but I promise it will have a happy ending! But first, there will be drama :) 

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

You tried to roll over on your side, but a dull ache that seemed to extend to every part of your body stopped you. 

Beep.

Beep.

Was that your watch? No, you didn't wear a watch. You wore a bracelet. Where was that bracelet? Keigo would be sad if you lost it. 

Beep. 

This is dumb. A bracelet doesn't beep. Was it your phone? No. It felt too early in the morning to wake up, anyway. Someone needed to turn that alarm off right now.

You would hit the snooze button but it seemed like your arms weren't working at the moment. 

Beep.

Maybe this was a dream. Had it all been a dream? Had you dreamed of a fire, and of smoke, and of falling? 

Beep.

Beep.

Blurry images flashed through your head – an intense pain, a fluttering of red, and now you were here, unable to roll over and it seemed like everything should hurt but for some reason it didn't.

Where was here?

Beep.

Beep.

You tried opening your eyes, but your lids were too heavy, and your brain felt like mush.

It was much easier to go back to sleep.

-------

"Where the hell is she?" Bakugo shouted, storming into the hospital waiting room.

Hawks quickly darted in front of him, spreading his wings out to stop Bakugo from barging through the doors into the ICU itself.

"Stop. The doctors are already with her, and they'll tell us more when they can."

"And when is that?"

"I don't know. What the hell happened?" Hawks asked.

"I already told you. She stepped off the landing and fell. She must not have seen that the stairs had already been destroyed or, damn it, I don't know!"

"She's lucky I saw her and was able to get her here so fast. Why was she up there in the first place? Why hadn't she evacuated with everyone else?"

Bakugo threw his hands in the air. "Because she's stubborn? I don't know!"

"Why don't you know?" Hawks asked, his tone rising.

"I said I don't know!" Bakugo shouted back. "Fuck!"

Both men took a step back from each other, trying to calm down. Bakugo collapsed into a nearby waiting room chair and wiped the sweat off his face with his hand, while Hawks paced around the room.

Suddenly the doors opened, and Todoroki rushed in, followed by a police officer.

"We don't know anything," Bakugo said before Todoroki could even ask. "She's still with the doctors and they won't tell us shit."