Ch. 14 Light Em Up

"They're just going to let me in?" you asked. "There's no villain ID card I need to show or something?"

Looking at yourself in your mirror on the wall of the hotel room, you pulled the hem of your dress down a little bit and smoothed out the fabric that hugged your body. You'd chosen a short black dress and black choker for tonight; might as well look the villain part, you figured, if you were going to be hanging out with criminals tonight in some hotel basement.

In the mirror you noticed Dabi behind you, his eyes staring at your body from where he sat on the hotel bed.

"Stop drooling," you muttered.

"Hard to do when there's eye candy like you right in front of me," he said. "Particularly when this candy looks sweet enough to eat."

"Well, I know one lollipop that isn't going to get licked tonight," you said, fixing your hair.

"Baby, you're so mean. You're going to let me sit here hard as a rock, on a bed in a hotel room, while I watch you wiggle in that tight little dress?"

"Yep, baby," you said with exaggerated sarcasm. "That's exactly what I'm going to do. No candy for you tonight. Or ever again. Sorry."

"We'll see about that."

"Go over this with me one more time," you said. "This gambling ring, where our target is going to be, is in the basement of this hotel, right? But I don't even know how to gamble. I feel like I'm going to stand out like a sore thumb, and they'll know I'm suspicious."

"With the way you look in that dress, you're definitely going to stand out."

"Dude, enough. I don't want to hear your bullshit. You're lucky I'm even letting you within five feet of me right now."

Dabi scoffed, obviously not convinced.

"Seriously, how do you even know that they're going to let me in?" you asked.

"Baby. No one is going to say shit to you if you're with me."

"And when we find him, this guy we're looking for? Then what?"

"We've been over this. All we need to do is get him alone so you can work your magic. Lure him up here, I'll give you a few minutes to get the info, and then I'll barge in playing the part of the jealous lover and rescue you from the creep. Done and done."

Dabi came up behind you and tried to put his hands on your waist, but you angled away from him and headed for the door.

"Don't touch me," you said as you grabbed the room key and stuffed it into the top of the dress. "Let's go."

Once downstairs you walked from card table to card table, dodging the wandering hands of the drunk men twice your age who crowded the room.

Soon after the bouncer let you both in, Dabi had wandered off to find a game so you were apparently on your own to find this complete stranger. Typical.

This was your first mission for Shigaraki, your first test. You weren't sure what would happen if you failed, but you had a pretty good idea.

You knew if you succeeded, if you brought Shigaraki the info he wanted, he was going to pay you cash tonight and hopefully leave you alone for awhile.

Honestly, you'd been expecting something way worse from Shigaraki for a first job, but it seemed like you simply needed to find out if this guy was snitching on the League of Villains, Shigaraki's team, and report back. Easy enough. All you needed to do now was find him.