Ch. 25 New Apartment

"Those are... for me?"

"Well, they're not for Bakugo."

Your eyes darted from the roses to Shoto's face and back again. He'd brought you a dozen gorgeous red roses. Brought them to Bakugo's apartment. But, like, why?

Shoto must have noticed your confused expression.

"You don't like them?" he asked.

"No! No, I mean yes, yes of course I like them." Shoto held the bouquet out and you took it from him, hesitating just a little. 

"Thank you... But what is this for?"

He leaned in to give you a hug and kissed your cheek. "I saw them and thought of you."

"They're beautiful, Shoto."

"Like you."

"Okay, that was cheesy."

"But true."

"Anyway," you said, conscious of the two silent people in the other room. Too silent. "Come on in. We're pretty much done, actually."

"So don't make yourself comfortable!" Bakugo shouted from the other room while the two of you walked in to join them. "But if you want food, there's a little left, I guess."

Before you even had a chance to sit down, Bakugo stood up and yanked the flowers out of your hand.

"Hey!" you started to protest as he stomped toward the kitchen with them.

"I'm just putting them in some water, calm down."

"Oh. That's... nice. Thanks."

"What's up, Todoroki?" Kirishima smiled and immediately handed Shoto the laptop. "Can you look at this?"

You heard noises coming from the kitchen so as soon as you were confident that they wouldn't notice, you quietly left the room. You turned the corner into the kitchen where you saw Bakugo slamming things around on the countertop. The roses were lying on the table, no sign of water for them anywhere.

"What are you doing?" you asked, wrinkling your face.

But he didn't stop, and he didn't turn around. As you got closer to him, you realized that he was gathering up more of the snacks. "When someone visits your house, you at least give them something to eat."

Standing behind him, you slipped your arms around his waist and leaned your head against his back. "Ah yes, so glad I have you to teach me proper manners."

Bakugo stopped slamming things around for a second before twisting around.

"Is this some kind of game to you?" he asked, narrowing his red eyes at you.

"What?"

"Having your boyfriend parade in with flowers, to my apartment, what the hell is that about?"

He pushed off your hands and turned back around to the counter.

"Hey. Hey!" you said a little louder to get him to look at you. "He's not my boyfriend and I didn't know he was bringing me flowers. He asked if he could stop by and you didn't tell me to say no. I'm not playing any kind of game here. I thought you guys were friends."

Bakugo scoffed.

"There's definitely a game going on," he muttered.

You put your hand on the side of his face, turning it and forcing him to look at you. "There's no game. I'm not into the jealous guy thing," you told him. You already had enough of that with Dabi. You didn't need to add any more crazy to your life than what you already had. "So if that's what this is, cut it out."