Ch. 10 Shigaraki's Mind

"Don't tie my hands and then tell me to relax. What the fuck is happening?" your eyes darted back and forth between the two men. "We are so done, Dabi. Like done, done. This is some serious bullshit –"

"Does she always talk this much?" Shigaraki interrupted.

"Kind of."

"Fuck you," you spat back at them. "Both of you. What is this?"

Dabi didn't answer and instead only tied the ropes tighter.

"So a mind reader, huh?" Shigaraki asked Dabi, as if you weren't even in the room. "Fascinating, It's like she has a cheat code to get into people's brains."

Dabi smirked. "Not to mention I'm sure she gets a front row seat to the perverted and evil side of people that they usually lock away."

"That's their best side."

Shigaraki walked over and picked up something large and metal – a pair of bulky handcuffs. "You're next. Hold out your hands, Dabi. I need insurance that you won't interfere."

"Oh, come on. This isn't necessary. I give you my word that I won't interrupt."

"Hold on just a second," you tried to say as you watched this exchange, but they completely ignored you.

"We both know your word means nothing. I think your pretty friend here is figuring that out right now. Anyway, you're the one who brought her, so now I need to make sure you behave too."

You watched in disbelief as Dabi reluctantly held out his wrists and Shigaraki locked the handcuffs on him. You'd heard about these things before.  They'll cancel his quirk, you realized. This meant that Dabi was practically helpless if something were to happen to you. Not that you were counting on him anymore anyway.

Shigaraki pointed to a chair and Dabi sat down, but he didn't take his eyes off you.

This was all so fucked up. You came here to supposedly hear about a job and now you were tied to a chair, by your boyfriend no less, and now he had quirk canceling handcuffs on. What the hell was going on?

Your mouth fell open as you watched Shigaraki stalk towards you. He lightly tapped furniture as he walked, each piece immediately disintegrating into a small pile of ash.

So he could turn things to ash. Great. This whole situation just kept getting better.

You knew this demonstration was meant to scare and intimidate you, and, yeah, it was working.

But on the outside you steeled your face, your eyes daring him to do his worst. If he wanted to intimidate you, then you were going to do your best to make sure that he was not going to see you squirm. Much.

Surprisingly, Shigaraki simply sat down in the chair across from you.

"This is going to be easy," he said. "Just show me what you can do."

You looked back and forth between him and Dabi. So this was the interview portion of the night?

He already knew that you could read minds, what else was there?

"And after my little demonstration, then what?" you asked. "I just walk out of here and we never speak of this again? What's the end goal?"

"If you're impressive enough, I'll let you join my team. If you're not, then we'll never speak of this again because you'll be a little pile of ash on the floor."

"Wow, what a bargain."

"Look. This doesn't have to be a big deal. Dabi told me that you needed work, so I can make that happen if I like what I see. Once you're with us, whatever you need, you got it. We take care of our own around here."