Ch. 58 Endings and Beginnings

A salty breeze drifted into your room as you stood with the balcony door open, listening to the ocean waves rhythmically crashing in the distance. Up until now, your entire existence had been so limited, but now, here, looking out across the wide expanse of the ocean for the first time, here everything seemed limitless.

The bright morning light streaming into the room caused Bakugo to stir on the bed. "Get back over here," he said, his voice sleepy and gruff.

"In a sec. I want to watch the waves."

"No," he complained, patting the space on the bed next to him that was empty now that you were up. "I need cuddles. Now."

"You're not the boss of me."

"I used to be."

"I hate to break it to you, but those days are long gone, mister."

"Trust me," he groaned, pulling his pillow over his head to block out the sun. "I already know."

Before you came back to bed, you left the balcony door open so you could see out and still hear the ocean. He watched you walk back to him, your long shirt fluttering around you from the wind, sunlight bright behind you. To him, you seemed like a beautiful angel, hardly real, yet somehow there you were.

He held up the white sheets, soft and warm from his body heat, and you climbed underneath them, snuggling up against his naked form and wondering how you'd ever slept alone without his warmth next to you.

"How's the cut today?" he asked, his hand gently touching the spot on your lower arm.

"No different from the last five hundred times you've asked me. It's healing fine. She is a pro at that, after all."

"Doesn't mean I like it."

"It meant that I got to come here, and be here, in this paradise with you. It seems like a small price to pay. Shoto has good taste, I'll give him that. When we get back, I'll have to thank him for picking this resort; it's amazing."

"You're not thanking him for anything," he grumbled, nuzzling into your hair. "I hate that we have to go back at all."

"Do we though? Do we, really?"

"Not today. But yeah, eventually. Don't forget that when we get back, I'm taking you straight to the police."

"But I got immunity for cooperating, remember?"

He scooted back then rolled on top of you, staring down at you. "Not just that. It's as long as you use your quirk to help the police for the next year. That bird brain was at least good at getting that taken care of."

"I know, I know," you sighed, pushing up against him just a little and watching him try to hold onto his serious expression even when your hips met his.

"I'm not letting you out of this just because you're hot as fuck."

"Uh huh. Sure. Whatever you say."

"You're going to work every day, like it or not."

"Uh huh."

"Damn it, I'm trying to be serious with you, but I fucking can't when you're practically humping me. Stop it."

"Fine. I'll stop."

With that you abruptly scooted out from under him and got up off the bed as you heard him huff. Heading back to the balcony, you could hear him talking behind you.

"I mean, I didn't mean..." he stuttered. "I didn't really want you to stop. Get your sexy body back over here."

A look over your shoulder. Slowly you leaned over, sliding your panties off. "I know you're not over here telling me what to do," you teased, tossing them onto him. "You know that's not how this works."