Ch. 34 Running Away

You still up?

No, Bakugo texted back.

It was a lie though. It was almost midnight, and he was awake, had been awake, and had practically leapt across his bed to grab his phone when he heard it beep.

He sort of felt like throwing the phone against the wall when he saw that it wasn't you who had texted him. It was Kirishima, who should know goddamn well that he wasn't "still up."

Even though he was.

The lack of sleep started due to one reason and then became another. It had started when he laid in bed for hours thinking about the delicious way you melted for him and around him and on him and damn, if only he could hear the little gasps and not so little moans you made when he touched you on repeat all day he would.

Bakugo's hand lazily stroked himself as he remembered, and as his pace increased, his own growls and groans were the only sounds in his room. The memory of you subsided just a little bit each time he came, but it wasn't enough. He found himself stroking himself again and again, each time coming just as hard, openly moaning your name each time.

Finally exhausted, he knew he had to consider the reality of what he'd seen when he remembered the way your skin had been covered in a patchwork of bruises. And those made him mad.

Someone was hurting you, that much he knew. You didn't get those bruises on your own, and, come on, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that whatever you were hiding under that bandage was just as bad or even worse.

Hiding. You were definitely hiding things. Even though you had been naked underneath him, you'd been hiding things.

And he fucking hated it.

After leaving your apartment to let you sleep, Bakugo had gone into work and started sifting through the little information the hero commission had sent everyone following the meeting. There wasn't much there, and the security camera photos they'd sent were all too blurry to get a good look at this mystery villain's face. He'd zoomed in a hundred different ways a hundred different times, but it still wasn't clear.

There was no way you were a villain, his gut told him. His brain wasn't as sure.

Another text from Kirishima: Have you looked at twitter?

Of course he hadn't looked at twitter.

No, Bakugo sent back.

A few seconds later Kirishima sent a couple links, and he almost ignored them, because who cares, but then he saw the images and headlines:

**Cute Couple Alert! Pro Hero Shoto Sighted Today With New Girlfriend!**

**Things Are Heating Up and It's Not Just His Quirk! Shoto Spotted With Beautiful Girlfriend"**

**Is Todoroki Taken? Say It Ain't So, Shoto!**

While he was staring at the screen, at these impossible pictures of you and Shoto, smiling for fans, his hands on you, pictures that surely must be photoshopped or something, another series of texts came through, just as disturbing.

Structure fire.

Villains.

Multiple civilian injuries.

All available heroes requested.

With a growl, he threw down his phone. Let's fucking go, he thought, thankful for the ability to channel his anger into something productive. Bakugo immediately got ready while he waited for the address which came a few seconds later.