Chapter 15

When her alarm went off that morning, she was tangled up in him still, his arms securely around her middle as he held her back against him. She groaned softly as she turned and leaned over him to turn off the alarm, his hands moving to her waist with a slight groan of his own as she lay half on top of him.

"Early alarm," he mumbled, his eyes not open yet.

"Trust me, I don't like it," she murmured, her voice slightly hoarse as she buried her face against his neck, feeling his fingers moving through her hair gently.

"We should play hooky," he suggested.

"We absolutely shouldn't," she laughed slightly, pressing soft kisses against his shoulder.

"Hmm, no fun," he groaned slightly as his hand moved over her ass, pressing her hips against his.

"Oh," she gasped softly with a slight moan, gently nipping the skin at the base of his neck.

"Biting me doesn't help," he murmured as he moved his hips up against hers ever so slightly and she felt his erection pushing against her inner thigh.

"Punishing..." she mumbled, her voice trailing off, wanting nothing more than to be able to stay in the warm cocoon with him all day.

She hated early mornings. This was probably the second worst part of standing in for her mother at the hospital, the first being her lack of travel. Her bed was safe, and her bed with Derek in it was even better, and she never thought she'd think those words, that having someone else in her bed would be better. But he held her close, pressing tired kisses against her skin and playing with her hair, and she didn't want to be anywhere else right now.

"What did I do?" he chuckled slightly, his lips touching her forehead for a short moment.

"No playing hooky," she couldn't help but laugh softly, shifting her position so that she was straddling his waist now, the blankets dropping to her hips as her lips found his.

"Maybe I want you to punish me," he murmured against her lips, his hands in her hair now as their kisses grew more urgent.

"Later," she moaned against his lips as their hips met, her hands moving to his abdomen to steady herself on top of him, "I have to get up."

"No you don't," he groaned softly as his hands moved to her hips and he rolled them over so that she was beneath him.

"Derek!"

"Hey," he smirked as he pressed lazy kisses down her neck and to her collarbone.

"I don't have time," she half-protested, her fingers tangling into his hair, "I need to shower."

"Me too," he grinned, moving his lips to hers again in a short kiss before climbing off her.

She stay lay down in the bed a moment, breathing slightly heavier as she watched him walk into the adjoining bathroom and heard the sound of the shower running. Everything just felt so...surreal. A voice in the back of her head was nagging, telling her to be careful, waiting for the other shoe to drop. But she ignored it.

She untangled herself from the blankets, following him into the bathroom, unable to keep the smile off her face. She was happy, and for once she didn't want it to end.

****

"Oh, so you're joining me for lunch today?" Cristina rolled her eyes as Meredith sat at the table opposite her.

"What?" Meredith frowned as she opened up her salad.

"You haven't sat to have lunch with me in over a week, when I told you to sleep with him I thought it would be a one time thing," she rose an eyebrow at her.