Chapter 41

"I really enjoyed tonight." A small smile played on Meredith's lips as Derek walked her to the front of her apartment building.

"Me too." His crooked smile found her as they stopped by the door, his hand gently tugging hers to bring her close to him, chest to chest.

"Do you... I mean, you could." She trailed off in a moment of nervousness, catching her lip between her teeth, wanting to invite him up but not wanting to seem too eager.

"I could what?" He asked with a small chuckle, his fingers brushing over her cheek before lifting her chin, and she met his eyes.

"Come up for a drink." She whispered, her cheeks slightly flushed at his touch, a heat running through her that she had come to realise was reserved only for when she was around him.

"I'd love to." He murmured, grinning a little wider as he leaned down to kiss her cheek, squeezing his fingers through hers in their joined hands.

She stayed quiet, chewing on her bottom lip as they made their way up to her floor in the elevator, hands staying joined. She leaned against him slightly, her head on his shoulder, feeling his gaze on her although she didn't meet it with her own.

After what felt like a lifetime, the aching between her thighs becoming more and more unbearable, they arrived at her apartment. Her lips pressed together as her mouth went dry, opening the door for them and hanging up her coat as she kicked off her shoes, leaving herself in just the short black dress she'd worn that evening. The lace of the sleeves moved against her arms, drawing her to the stinging heat she felt being in private with him, battling with herself to not just launch at him, have her way with him, beg him to have his way with her.

She glanced over to him, completely unable to read his expression as he looked back to her. His lips were parted slightly, the only tell that he might want exactly what she wanted.

"What do you... I have wine, or something stronger; I mean, there's also coffee if that's, if you need to drive back." She rambled slightly, using her tongue to wet her lips against the dryness.

"Come here." His voice dropped an octave, a tone she remembered as though it were minutes ago, rather than months ago, when she last heard it.

She stepped toward him, and his arms moved around her waist, gently pulling her body flush against his. She looked up at him, sure her whole body was bright red with the way it was burning for him. Her lips parted as his came closer, one hand lifting to cup her cheek as she situated her arms against his chest, her fingers gently gripping the lapel of his suit jacket.

"Derek." She mumbled in a soft whisper.

"I've got you." He whispered back, just as his lips touched hers in a feather-light kiss.

She responded eagerly, not even giving it a second thought. This was what she wanted. He was what she wanted, and she wasn't letting him get away this time. She wasn't letting herself pull away again. Their kiss quickly deepened, his arm gripping around her tighter to pull her closer as she gasped softly, her lips parting on his. Both his hands had moved to her ass now, and she couldn't help but moan at his hardness against her. He wanted this just as much as she did, she was sure of it.

"Bedroom." She sighed in pleasure against his lips as he lifted her up and pressed her against the wall, her legs tight around him.

"Gladly." He gasped, his lips moving to her neck so she could catch her breath as he took her into the bedroom, keeping hold of her, growling between each kiss. "I want to worship you, show you exactly what you mean to me."