Prologue

When James and Jacey Potter were five years old, they had loved to play in the forest that was near their parents manor. One night they weren't supposed to go to the forest, but they never listened to their parents, so they went anyway. As they ran around the forest and then they heard a growl and saw glowing yellow eyes.

"I think we should head back already," James said as he grabbed Jacey into a protective hug. But Jacey broke out of the hug and looked at the eyes. Then a werewolf came out and grabbed Jacey. "Jacey!" James yelled.

"Go get Mum and Dad, I'll try to hold him off," Jacey yelled at James while she grabbed a branch to put in the wolf's mouth to stop him from biting her. "Go!" she yelled and James broke out of the trance that he was in then ran.

The branch snapped and fear filled her body. The wolf started biting into her skin and she screamed for James. She tried kicking the wolf away but she was only five and what harm could she do besides kicking him. Then she saw a bright light hit the wolf and heard a spell being casted. James ran to her side, but she passed out as soon as the wolf came off of her. Her father grabbed her quickly and apparated to St. Mungos hospital.

She then woke up to her brother crying next to her in a chair. Her arms now had scratches that would be scars. When James looked up he immediately hugged her. Jacey hugged him back and James buried his face in her shoulder.

"I thought you were going to die, JJ." he cried into her shoulder. "Should've listened to your older brother." James joked.

     "You're not getting rid of me anytime soon, JP. And by twelve minutes, you loser." They broke apart and both sat on the hospital bed. "Where's Mum and Dad?"

     "They got taken away for something and everyone thought you were going to die but then your heart rate turned normal and they got taken by the doctors. But I stopped eavesdropping when they said you might die," He said the last part gloomily.

  "Listen nerd, you aren't losing me and ten years from now when we're fifteen you won't lose me." Jacey stated and shaked James hand while saying those words.

     Their parents then came into the room and immediately hugged Jacey. Her mother checked her arms and saw the scars. She could hear her mother's racing heart beat with panic but she shouldn't be able to hear that.

     "JJ, we've got some bad news. Since you survived the wolf attack, you know are one," His voice continued but Jacey couldn't hear due to her panicking.

     She felt anger rise in her for being so stupid to have stayed in that forest. All she knew was that she was going to do whatever it takes to control the wolf inside of her. She remembered that she was Jacey Flavia Potter and not a monster. Jacey would proudly show off her scars with no regret of what she is. She won't hide who she is, that is a promise she made to herself in that moment.

     "Okay, " and that was all that Jacey said after her father finished. "When can I got home?"

"We can go now or we can stay for some tests if you want," her father said.

"I want to leave."

******
After they apparated home James and Jacey went up to their room. Jacey was quiet and just sat there facing a the wall.

"You alright JJ?" James asked her.

"Yeah I'm fine but this whole thing just sucks alright. But hey I'll keep my head up and show off my scars since they're a reminder that I'm stronger than some stupid wolf. And if anyone says anything like that their dumb I'll just keep my head up and probably pick a fight with them." The twins laughed.

"Well tomorrow we'll have a twin day and spend the day doing whatever you like," James said as they both changed into pajamas.

Twin day was when the twins took a day to themselves and just hanged with each other all day and did whatever they wanted.