Chapter twenty-five

Another time honored tradition: the prank war.

It all started when James and Sirius pulled a prank on Jacey when a full moon was just two nights ago. Peter then pranked them back. From there, it evolved into a night where they wore costumes and ran around the castle in a prank war. The losers had to wear a chicken costume for the rest of the week or the next week if it was the end of the week.

Jacey decided to go as McGonall, and Peter went as Dumbledore. They both couldn't stop laughing when they first saw each other.

The two went into a team. James and Sirius were another team. Remus and Regulus were on another team and made sure no teacher was headed into a prank.

Another rule: at first, the team couldn't see what the other team was wearing. It could mess up how good you prank with knowing how good the other team was looking (Sirius' rule).

  Also, you had to prank the muggle way. That was Peter's rule when they first started the prank war since he could never get enough wizard products. Jacey had rather like muggles' way of pranking.

  Jacey already had her muggle stunk pellets ready and Peter had the water balloons in his hand. They had heard footsteps and were ready.

  Until they heard, "Professor Flitwick, what're you doing out this early?" asked Regulus loudly. "I was doing my prefect duties for the night and in the spirit of Halloween, I wanted to dress up."

  They both ran. Jacey found a secret compartment and hid there with Peter. "That was a close one, eh, Wormtail?"

  "Yep," Peter replied. "But we almost had Regulus and Remus. They would've been there either way."

  "At least we didn't get caught." She fixed her hat. "You think Mins would like my outfit?"

  "Oh, because you're an exact replica," he said sarcastically. Jacey just ignored him.

  "Okay, James and Sirius are predictable, they'll head to where the forest is. But Regulus and Remus are unpredictable. They're new to the game as a team." Peter nodded.

  "Well, Remus and Regulus are smarter than all of us. You just know a lot about dragons." Jacey wanted to feel offended, but he was right. She just liked to learn about dragons and nothing else. But she was pretty smart and Peter was just being her best friend. "And I'm pretty dumb. We just gotta outsmart them by being stupid."

  "Solid plan." Jacey then snapped her finger. "What if they know we're going to Sirius and James and get us there?"

  "Damnit, they're too smart!"

Jacey thought about it. She looked around the room and grabbed super soakers. "We go the old school way. Rotten milk and slime." She passed the slime one to Peter.

They ran out and went to where Sirius and James would most likely be. Jacey looked through every door to make sure there was no bucket. Then she saw one. Peter smirked and kicked the door.

Sirius and James jumped out with triumph, but Jacey and Peter squirted them. "Ah, NOO!" they yelled. They were dressed as Scooby and Shaggy.

"You really fell for that?" Peter asked. "We're not that stupid."

"Yeah," Jacey said.

"To be fair, we wanted to get you here," James said.

"Yeah, you weren't supposed to have super soakers," Sirius said in his Scobby costume. "Ugh, we have to wear chicken costumes."

"Nice Mins costume, JJ."

  "Thank you," Jacey said. "Now to get Regulus and Remus."

Peter and Jacey looked around the entire castle. No one. It wasn't until they saw a trip wire, that they stopped.

"Too visible," Peter muttered.

"I know," Jacey whispered back.

She took a step back and then went up in the air and was smothered in paint and feathers. Peter couldn't even realize what was going on before he was in the air with Jacey.

Regulus and Remus laughed as they walked out.

"I can't believe you didn't see that," Regulus laughed.

"What was that, invisible?" Peter yelled.

"No, it was right there," Remus sassed. He began laughing again. "Damn, I wish I had a camera."

Regulus brought out a camera and snapped the photo. He was an ompa loopa. Remus was Willy Wonka.

"I brought it just in case," Regulus smirked. "Have fun in chicken costumes."

The next morning, the four Marauders walked out of their dorms in chicken costumes and their old oversized robes for this exact reason.

"I feel like we're mocking Lyra. We should change," Peter said, looking at the chicken and for an excuse.

Regulus walked into the dorm, wagging his index finger with a smirk. "Nope, you all lost."

"Yeah," Remus said, "I had to wear it last year when James and I lost with Sirius."