Chapter twenty-two

Jacey yelled for people to get out of the way as she rode her skateboard down the hall. "Get the fuck outta my way!" she yelled as she passed by. "Shit," she repeated as she rode down the hall.

She jumped down a set of stairs and landed. Thank Merlin, I landed that, she thought.

It was James' day to take over quidditch practice. It was like he got one day and she got it the next to make it fair. If she wasn't there in 20 seconds, James would have a cow. That was why she was riding her skateboard. Her right foot pushed back and went back on the board as her left foot shifted back to the correct position on the board.

She quickly rode to the quidditch pitch and grabbed her broom. Jacey was already in her robes. First practice before a game and she's late. Great. She ran over to James and stood next to him.

"You're late," he said in a sing-song voice. "I told you to go to bed early but you didn't listen."

"Well, someone's supposed to have twin telepathy and tell that I was going to run late. Not everyone's an early bird like someone." She glared at him. Jacey was not a morning person. James was everything a morning person would want to be.

Jacey hated the sun. James loved it. Jacey loved staying up no matter what. James couldn't stay up unless it was with his friends. James pushed to be okay for quidditch. Jacey just figured what happened happened before quidditch.

"Okay! Today we'll be practicing for our match against Ravenclaw," Jacey said as she flipped through her clipboard. "Audrey, I'll practice with you for the snitch. Beaters, go with James and the chasers for the quaffle pass. Keeper, try to stop the quaffle."

"And after that, we're going for a run," James announced. Everyone, including Jacey let out a "huh?"

"A wot?" Jacey asked her brother.

"A run. It'll be a regular thing before a match now."

"Back the bloody fuck up, James!" Sirius yelled. "You wake us up at five in the morning! You say we can't have breakfast until later! And that we have to go on a run! That's a load of rubbish!"

"Yeah!" Peter yelled. "Some of us can't run!"

"Or just don't want to!" Jacey added to Peter's comment. "There's a thing called fuckin' free will, cabron!" Everyone began arguing with James.

James put his hands up. "If you all don't like, I'll make you all do suicide runs that'll end up in an actual suicide!" Everyone shut up. "Good! Now, go practice."

Jacey changed into a short sleeve black shirt and grey running shorts and running shoes and walked over next to Peter and Sirius. "I hate your brother so much," Sirius grumbled as he rubbed his eyes.

"You and me both, Pads," she said. She leaned against his arm. "My arm is so sore. Stupid buldger hit me pretty good. Thanks for guarding me." Sirius elbowed her lightly.

"Well, someone should be a better chaser."

"You calling me a bad player?"

"I ain't calling you a good one."

"Y'know what." She banged her fists together. It meant fuck you in Marauders language. Jacey and James had it first for giving the finger to each other around their parents.

The two grumpy morning people began arguing until Peter yelled at them to stop.

"It's way too early for this shit!" Peter yelled over their arguing. The two of them stopped but quickly hit each other.