Chapter ten

Remus POV

James walked over to Remus. "Why'd you frown just now?" he asked.

Remus got red in the face. He had to admit, he liked Jacey. Even before he found out she was like him. It was things like how she was caring but could put someone in their place when needed. Jacey could either be really smart or dumb smart in times and could always make someone laugh if they needed to. But he knew how James would get if any other guy talked to Jacey. Like the one time he jinxed John Davenport for flirting with Jacey once. Remus remembered how jealous he felt that time and didn't bother to stop James from jinxing him.

"D-d-did I frown? Why would I frown at that?" he asked rapidly.

"Do you fancy her?" James asked. Remus got fully red in the face.

"What? I don't fancy her. Why would I fancy her in any way other than a friend?" His eyes glanced to Jacey laughing as Peter playfully shoved her to the side.

James put his hand on Remus' shoulder. "Good, I don't have to hex you into the next century. The last thing my sister needs is a broken heart. She's been through a lot in her life." James smiled then started to walk next to Jacey and Peter.

Now I really can't tell her. Remus thought to himself. Plus, i wouldn't live long enough to see our first date if we did if James found out. He then remembered the story of how she got bit when she was five. It was hard to think such a happy girl went through that at the age of five. Not that it seemed like a surprise to Remus but survived also was amazing to him.

He then felt a shoulder bump his. Remus turned his head to see Jacey waking next to him and they were outside now. Did I really just walk outside without knowing? He then noticed her shirt and realized it was the shirt she asked to borrow from him a few days back.

"Uh, I wanted to talk about some things. Only if you're okay with it though." He knew Jacey wanted to talk about them both bring werewolves but she didn't push him. Another thing he loved about her, she knew when to push something open and when not to.

"It's alright. So, the anchor thing, how do you do it? I don't fully understand it."

"Think of someone that make you human. That keeps you grounded to the Earth. Someone who make you happy. Just keep them on your mind throughout the changing." Remus knew exactly who his anchor could be, Jacey. "It's hard to find that person but once you do you don't really get that person off your mind unless you're near them."

"And for you that's James. I wish I had siblings like you and James."

"Eh, he's an arse sometimes but I love him. That's really what my family's about, they get annoyed at each other easily but loved each other." Jacey laughed and looked up at the clouds. "I mean, everyone loves their family even when they say they hate each other.  In the end you'd do anything for them. Another thing is you can't let them define who you are." Jacey then made her realization face. "I've been talking for to long."

"No it's alright. Please continue your talk about family, I enjoy it."

Remus had to admit he liked just listening to Jacey. He wasn't one for talking and would rather listen to someone rather than talk. Luckily, he found a girl that had a tendency to talk but not too much it was annoying.