Chapter twenty-one

Jacey sat on the bench and began writing like she always did when she wasn't around the boys. She was in a courtyard that was in a secret passage beyond a tree in the big courtyard. Only a few people knew about it. Her, Regulus, and a nice girl named Mary. Jacey always liked Mary. She was always kind.

  She sat on a stone bench and wrote about her life, wondering if one day she could sell it as muggle fiction and make a good amount of profit. Jacey had always loved writing. It was something that helped her when it was hard. She didn't think her life was very hard but whenever she was sad about a full moon, she wrote. It was the one thing that calmed her except for her friends.

  The small courtyard had green grass that had grown over the statue of the founders and the stone bench. Godric stood tall next to Rowena. Salazar stood with a hand on Helga's shoulder. Friendships that were now torn apart. It showed you that you can make great friends but still fall apart. A small fountain had been still flowing water like it never ran out. There was four stone walls that had nonpoisonous ivy growing on it. There was a stone door that opened the passage.

  The stone door that opened the passage then opened. Jacey looked up to see Mary McDonald coming. "Hey, farmer, how's life?" Jacey asked her friend. Mary sat down next to the girl that sat crisscross on the bench.

  "Why do you always sit like that? What happened to the normal way of sitting on a chair?" Mary asked.

  "It's called that I can't sit in one position for about five minutes. I'm more comfortable this way. It's weird sitting like how you sit for me." Mary took one of the pages. She had always been the one Jacey gave her stories to because she was scared about showing anyone else. Jacey didn't add the werewolf part, though. "How is it?"

  Mary's eyes scanned the paper. "You did all of this? How are you not passed out right now from exhaustion?" They both laughed. "It's really good. I don't understand how you write so amazingly."

  "Well, I am naturally talented," she bragged and flipped her hair back. They both laughed.

Peter dropped his textbook when Jacey came into the common room. "What? Am I not good enough for you since you left me?" he asked his best friend. Jacey put down her books. "You left me alone for three hours!" he said dramatically.

Jacey let out a little laugh. "Wormy, we're always together. You can't say anything."

"But I can. I have the ability to speak." Jacey rolled her eyes. "C'mon, we've got breakfast. I won't skip it just because of you."

All of the Marauders now including Regulus, sat down to eat their breakfast. James was sitting next to Regulus and started having a long conversation with him just about quidditch. Jacey and Peter smirked as they watched them talk. Minnie then came by.

"Mr. Black," she said. Both Black siblings turned to her. "Regulus. I have been looking through your academic achievements and I realized that your regular classes are too simple for you. I talked with Professor Slughorn and he said it would be okay for you to go to the fifth year classes. You would be taking OWLs this year and essentially skip the fourth year. All of the Slytherin classes are full so I hope the Gryffindor ones would be alright."

She passed Regulus his new schedule. "That's more than alright, Professor. Thank you," Regulus said with a smile.

"I think that's it's rather weird that the classes are just full," Remus said. Jacey smacked his head and glared at him. "Ow! What was that for?"

"That was for not being quiet," she sassed.

Jacey had just come out of charms which she never had with any of her friends until Regulus got his new classes. "We have..."

"Potions," Jacey answered. "Do you know how to ride a skateboard?"

"A little, why?" Jacey went to grab the board that was hidden by the classroom. "Do you just make things pop out of nowhere?" He looked around where Jacey pulled out her skateboard.

"I always have something like this. Now c'mon. It can fit two people. We just gotta yell for people to get outta the way." Regulus let out a laugh towards his sister.

Regulus sighed but got on. They both began riding the skateboard and yelled at people to get out of the way.