Chapter twenty-eight

Jacey stayed under the sheets. She felt sick which meant James was sick also.

James walked in and laid down on the bed next to her. He had looked sick and was having a headache.

"Fuck off," she said moodily.

"Chocolate, chips, and coffee." That got Jacey to open up the sheets to show her face. "There's the lovely Wolfie. Now scoot."

She moved over and James made himself comfortable. They shared beds like little kids. Even at home since they had to move rooms. Jacey found herself walking to James' room in the middle of the night.

"Where's my coffee?" she asked. James passed her coffee. "Thank you," she said happily.

"Are you okay?" James asked as he put a hand to her forehead. "Your temperatures a bit high."

  James and Jacey began coughing. They looked at each other.

   Great, we're sick, James thought to Jacey.

  No, shit, she thought back.

  James grabbed a thermometer from his mini first aid kit and saw his temperature. "Yep, I'm gonna die." He rubbed his forehead like he had a headache. James laid down. "I'm gonna die," he whined.

  "You just realized this."

  "It's taking me now. I can see the light." Jacey threw a pillow at him. "This does not help my medical condition!"

  Jacey rolled her hazel eyes.

Sirius noticed that James wasn't back in the common room already. Jacey hadn't come down in a while which sent James into a panic. He ran up and had been up there for a while.

  He headed upstairs with Peter and Regulus after taking down the charm. Peter was careful and opened the door slightly. Regulus, Remus, and Sirius followed him. James and Jacey looked sick and were both being whiny about the room on the bed and the blanket.

  "Bitch, give me my blanket!" Jacey yelled.

  "You have to share. Sharing is caring!" James argued.

  "But I don't care!"

  Regulus was the first one to speak up. "Hey, hey. No fighting." He grabbed a blanket from Jacey's closet. "Here, James."

  "Thanks, Reg," James said. "We're sick. Make sure Moony eats his granola bar at least. Remind him there's chocolate."

  The four friends had dealt with a sick James and Jacey before. It was never pretty. Jacey was bitchy unless James was around and James always figured out how to have a bell for calling them for stupid things.

  They heard a bell ringing already. "Oh, bloody hell,"  Sirius said.

"Where'd he get that stupid arse bell?" Remus asked.

"Who cares, that's all we'll be hearing for the whole day," Peter said.

  It began.

James rang his bell for the third time that hour. Jacey got up and threw it at the wall.

"Enough with the damn bell!" she yelled.

"I want orange juice!" James yelled back. "Padfoot!" Sirius came in with a scowl. "I want OJ."

"Right away, James," he said through gritted teeth. He turned to his brother and friend. "We need to owl Mia. She'll know what to do with them. I can't take anymore of James' whining. I'm gonna kill him."

"Where's my juice?"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jacey yelled.

They were quiet until James let out a scream. "There's a wolf after me!"

The three boys left to see a white wolf chasing James around the room. Regulus and Peter grabbed Wolfie, and Sirius made sure James got back on the third bed. They needed Mia.

Mia came via floo powder from Hogsmeade. She came into the castle to see three Gryffindor boys rushing her inside.

"Now, hold on!" she said to get the boys to be quiet. "Remus, what's happening?"

"The twins are sick. It's pretty bad," Remus said. "James is getting bad with the bells."

They got to the common room when they heard the twins and Regulus yelling. James was yelling about being twelve minutes older. Jacey was yelling about how was that her fault.

"Jacey, stop being a blanket hog! James, stop being a whiny kid!" Regulus yelled. "Go to your corners!"

Jacey had stolen all the blankets and put them on her side of the bed saying she was too cold. James kept whining about the blankets. Regulus was sick of the twins.

"Jacey, James, both of you better stop unless you want a month of chores into two weeks when you come home!" Mia yelled which made the twins freeze. Regulus let out a relieved sigh.

"Sorry, Mum," they both said.

"Clean up this mess. Jacey, have those blankets. James, I'll get you some more blankets." The twins nodded and got back in the bed. "Remus, go get James' blankets. Regulus, bring food up. Sirius and Peter, be their emotional support friends."

  All the boys left to so their jobs. They were rather scared of what would happen if they didn't listen. Mia was not someone you wanted to mess with.

Remus walked into the room. James was already asleep. Jacey was up with honey tea since her throat was hurting.

  "Hey, want some chocolate?" Remus asked as he walked over to Jacey. "It'll make you feel better."

  "Please," she said.

  "You feeling better?"

  "A bit. Mum being here makes it better."

"I don't know what we would do without her. Well, I better get back to homework before James yelled at me about it before Mia. See you, Jay." Jacey waved goodbye.