Chapter eight

As classes finally ended, Remus and Jacey finally got a moment to talk to themselves since just the two of them were in the common room. Older students were out with friends and younger students were sleeping since they were tired from a long day's work. Jacey was sitting on the couch searching her bag for her book about werewolves and Remus was reading his own book. Then Jacey found the book and slammed it right in front of Remus.

"This is where I found out about an anchor. James bought me this book long ago. It helped me a lot. Maybe it can help you." Remus took the book and smiled at her.

"You don't understand how much this means to me."

"I mean, I understand wanting control over yourself." The guys then came yelling into the common room. Peter and James sat on both sides of Jacey. Sirius sat on the floor even though there was a chair next to him. "What are you boys going on about?"

"You know that guy you punched?" James asked. Jacey nodded.

"You punched someone?" Remus asked. Peter looked at Jacey curiously.

"When?"

"Listen, the guy called me Scarface and I punched him. It was on the train, by the way." She turned to James. "What happened?" Remus looked mad when she said that he called her Scarface, but Jacey didn't see.

"He was trying to pick on some other kids and Sirius and I put him in his place. Then Lily came and started yelling at us. The others were gone so she didn't listen to us when we said he was picking on other kids. Total bull crap. I'm rethinking this crush but I mean she's the future mrs."

"JP, maybe you shouldn't like this girl. One, do you remember the looks from her when I wore pants and you guys skirts. Two, she's friends with that creep. She was there when he called me that name. Think of how many girls already look at you like how you look at Lily. You deserve someone better than her, she won't even give you a chance."

James looked at her and put his head on her shoulder. "I guess you're right. But give me to third year and I promise I'll stop."

Jacey gave him a look. James knew what the look meant and sent her a twin message saying alright. It was a twin thing for the two of them to send messages telepathically by just looking at each other. James turned to talk to Sirius and Jacey turned to Peter.

"What was that? It was like you were talking but not talking," Peter asked.

"It's a twin thing. It's hard to explain but we've always been likes both being sick when the other was."

The two of them kept talking about pranks Jacey wanted to pull. Jacey had gotten close with Peter and he became her best friend like how James and Sirius were. It happened with just Jacey talking late at night with Peter while the guys were asleep.

"Do you really think I would do gallons of grape juice instead of water in Flitwick's office?" Jacey asked Peter.

"Oh yeah. I remember Mum complaining about how hard it was to get grape juice out of the carpet even with magic when I was seven. It'll take months or years for the stain to be gone. I'll even help if you need a hand."

"I may need a hand and it depends on how much I'll do." Jacey wrote down the idea and turned back to Peter. "I mean, isn't there a charm to get any substance out of anything?" Peter shook his head. "Wizards have everything but not a spell for Getty by grape juice out of carpets. Pity really."