Chapter five

The whole day, the group of new friends were looked at. Jacey was proud of herself and her friends for doing this. Not once did she think about changing her pants. Also James and Sirius seemed very please with themselves since even when they go to the common room for a break from classes, they kept their skirts on. James said that the skirt had more freedom.

"I'm about to say something to Lily," Jacey said as she caught the side eye of Lily Evans.

"Nope, I can't have my future wife and sister fight."

Lily then came over to where they were all eating. "Listen, I'm not trying to be rude, but I think that you guys should just change back into your normal clothes. There are rules for this and if you ask me it's completely fair."

Jacey stabbed her sandwich with a fork when Lily said that it was fair. It was bad enough that she was friend with a person that called Jacey a Scarface but now that she was saying that this was fair, that just tipped her over. James gave her a look with his hands up in surrender saying go all out.

"So your saying girls should stick to skirts that some boys could take as an invitation? If you ask me it's anything but fair. But hey, I'm sorry for standing for what I believe in," Jacey said as she gave a sarcastic smile.

     "You know what, I tried but there's no convincing you five, is there?"

     "Nope," they all said then turned back to their food.

     Then a girl who was in the third year came up to them. "Hi I'm Brooklynn Phillips. You see I'm apart of the yearbook and newspaper committee here and I would like to get a picture of the five of you for the students making a movement column for the newspaper and a picture for the yearbook."

     "Of course you can take out picture," James said as they all got up. James and Jacey shoving each other around while Brooklynn took the picture.

     "Oh and lastly, what are you guys? I can't put group of friends."

     They all huddled together. "That is a very good question. What are we? I know me and Jace'll pull pranks and we're all good friends so we could include you guys."

Jacey then thought of something. "Marauders. I mean it's perfect. We plan 'attacks' on the school." She put quotation marks on her hand when saying attacks.

"Perfect," Sirius said.

"It's our new name then," Remus said then they all turned back to the girl.

"Pete you didn't get to talk so you say our new name," Jacey said as she pointed to Peter.

"We're the Marauders," Peter said. Brooklynn smiled then walked away. "Merlin this is cool." The group looked at him. "I never thought I would be apart of such a cool group."

Jacey put her arm around his shoulders. "Stick with us, Pete and we'll paint the school red by the time we finish this school year. Seems like we have potions next."

They all headed over to potions. Remus and Jacey walked next to each other and talked to each other the whole way through. Something about Remus made Jacey want to get to know him better. She was so into her conversation with him, she didn't even notice her brother shoving her to get her attention.

     "JJ!" he finally yelled. The two of them finally broke out of conversations and looked at James. "I would like to talk to my sister now, Remus."

"James, I was having a nice conversation with Remus." James then took his sisters arm and pulled her closer to him.

"Nope! From now on you two must be five inches away from each other."

Jacey got out of his reach and stood close to Remus just to make James mad. Remus and Jacey started laughing at James mad face. James turned to talk to Sirius as Remus, Peter, and Jacey started talking about their new classes. Jacey liked talking to Remus a lot, but she didn't understand why.

They all got to potions and sat down at a table. Slughorn then came into the class. After class, it was their last so they headed over to common room. Jacey, Remus, and Peter sat on the couch, while James sat on the floor, watching Remus and Jacey talked, and Sirius on an armchair. Sirius and Peter were talking about quidditch.

"No way How to Kill a Mockingbird is better than the Lord of the Flies," Jacey yelled at Remus.

"I think so, I mean How to Kill a Mockingbird has meaning."

Jacey kept arguing with Remus about the books. "But Lord of the Flies could happen, so there's some meaning right there. Plus it was fun to read about boys killing other boys and fighting who's in charge. It's like an alpha wolf fighting another male wolf for leadership."

Remus laughed at her last sentence. They kept debating over which book was better until James let out a groan. "Can the nerd convention ever stopppp."

"Fine then, what time is it anyway?" Jacey asked her brother.

James checked his watch. "About 6:47. Why?"

"I think I'm going to head out for a run."

"This late?" Peter asked.

"Yeah she loves to go on late night walks for some reason. She's like-" James turned and grinned at his sister. "wolf."

Jacey wanted to slap her brother right there and then but just got up and grabbed her running shoes so she didn't look suspicious. She loved running as her wolf form at night.

As she headed to the forest, she set down her shoes and jacket and started changing into her wolf form. She started running around the forest. Everything just felt free to her. Like she hadn't had a care in the world.

Around nine o'clock she grabbed the spare set of clothes that she left by her sneakers and put them on. As she went into the room she let out a howl of a yawn that normally happened after she changed into her wolf form and back. She saw Remus sitting there reading a book with chocolate in his hand while being curled up in a blanket.

"Hey, what are you doing still up?" Jacey asked as she sat next to him. "I thought everyone would've been asleep by now."

"Couldn't really sleep. Why you back so late?"

"Lost reach of time. What you reading?"

"How to Kill a Mockingbird." He wore a smirk. Jacey threw a pillow at his face then buried her face in another pillow, not bothering to go to her dorm. "You're not going to your dorm?"

Jacey shook her head and grabbed the blanket. Remus and her fell asleep a little bit later.