Chapter twenty-three

Jacey felt the moon nearing to a full moon as the days went by. She and Remus were getting paler by the day.

Marlene sat next over to Jacey at the great hall. Jacey was playing chess by herself for a while. "Hey, are you alright? You look like you've never seen the sun." Jacey glared at her. "No offense."

"I just don't feel really good," Jacey replied. "Could I borrow your notes on defense?"

"Yeah. Merlin, do I hate werewolves." Jacey looked at her. "I mean, they're monsters. Don't you think so?"

Jacey got defensive about the matter. "No, I don't. Just because they turn once a month doesn't mean they're monsters. How can you even say that? Have you even met one?"

"I don't want to." Marlene didn't get why Jacey was being like this. "What, should I meet one just for it to attack me?"

"They. They're bloody people too. You know what, I'm done talking about this. I think we should just take a break from each other." Jacey grabbed her books.

Something inside of her told her that it wasn't just this conversation that made her say what she said.

"You want to break up?"

Jacey was already walking out.

"Fine! We're broken up!"

Jacey just sat in the common room for a while. She decided to skip her evening classes. Remus then walked into the common room.

"Hey, Mr. prefect, what're you doin' here?" she asked as she sat up straight from her slouch and sat on the couch crisscross.

"Wasn't feeling well. What're you doing here?" Remus asked as he sat next to her.

"Uh, Marlene and I broke up, so I got that."

Remus moved to sit next to her on the couch. "You alright about it?"

"I'm fine. I'm not gonna let some breakup hurt me." She then grabbed a defense book from her bag. "I, uh, made some modifications to your defense book. It was completely wrong about something."

Remus looked at her then at his defense book. The werewolf page was completely redone. It had that they were very nice, cuddly, and smart. He had a goofy grin while he read it.

"I love it. Thanks." Jacey smiled at him. "So this is why you asked to borrow it a few days ago?" She nodded.

"I kinda thought that you wouldn't need a reminder like that every day about how people thought of people like us."

Remus was glad Jacey was in his life. She made everything okay whenever he felt bad. Even when she didn't know he was having a bad day. Jacey made him feel better if she was just around.

"Wait. The two of us are here, then James, Sirius, and Peter are without supervision," Remus said. They looked at each other then started running to find their friends.

Sirius and James glared at each other. Peter and Regulus were in the crowd, counting the seconds.

"You're going to lose, Prongs," Sirius said in a mean tone like it was a fight to the death.

"Not if you lose first," James shot back.

"I hope your knees hit the table."

"I hope your hair is in tangles tomorrow."

"How dare you! I hope your tentacle tart falls. I know how much you love them."

Jacey and Remus walked into a corridor and saw two pair of feet in the air. They were both very confused when they saw the crowd.

"How rude! I hope your pillow's warm on both sides."

"I hope your hair gel is expired if it can!"

"You know what, your just mad since Sherlock likes me better!"

It was a common fact that Sherlock didn't like many people. For James and Sirius, it was a constant battle to see who could get to be his favorite after Jacey.

"That's so irrelevant."

"Your hair's irrelevant!"

Everyone in the crowd gasped except the Marauders. This was something that happened almost every day for some reason.

"At least my hair doesn't look like a bird's nest."

"Ha! Jokes on you, I don't care what my hair looks like." James had to get Sirius to fall. "Hey, is that a platinum queen album?"

Sirius turned and then fell on his back. James landed on his feet in triumph.

"That was around three seconds apart," Regulus said. "Not bad, Prongs."

James had a different kind of smile then usual from Regulus' comment then had his famous smirk playing on his face. Sirius grumbled as Jacey helped him get back up.