Chapter twenty-six

Jacey was glad to get rid of those stupid costumes. Lyra wouldn't stop giving the four weird looks all throughout the two days. It was the right thing to do for Sirius' birthday. That was another rule for the Marauders.

The six were all around the hidden passage that held Sirius' party. It was the one that was big enough for a big crowd.

Peter and Jacey were dancing and drinking. James and Regulus were talking and laughing. Sirius was probably with a girl, and Remus was trying to make sure Peter and Jacey weren't getting too crazy.

Jacey grabbed Remus' hand and danced with him. Remus smiled at her as she spun. Peter smirked and left.

  "We should have parties more often!" Jacey yelled over the music.

  "Eh, I think a party ever birthday and quidditch win is enough!" he yelled back.

  Jacey laughed. "I'm gonna grab another drink. You want one?"

  Remus shrugged his shoulder. "Screw it, I'll get drunk."

  Jacey gave him a thumbs up and disappeared into the crowd. Remus smiled as he watched her walk away. Sirius then came running and accidentally tackled Remus.

  "Really, Sirius?" Remus asked as they sat up.

  "I tripped over my shoelace." Jacey then came back and passed Remus his drink. Sirius hugged Jacey. "There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you. You're my sister and I need you to watch me play the piano. Regulus won't. He's being a twat."

  Jacey nodded and dragged Remus along with her. Remus didn't want to go but went anyway for Jacey. Sirius dragged others to the couch and started playing horribly.

Peter watched the two with a defeated look. "Those two are meant for each other. When are they going to figure it out?" he asked Regulus.

"Hopefully never," Regulus answered.

  Peter elbowed him gently. "I need to be the cool uncle and Godfather to their children!"

   "Who says you'll be Godfather? I'll be the Godfather, you rat."

  "Let's make a bet. Five Galleons that I'll be Godfather." They shook hands. "Now let's party!"

  On April 27, 1978, Regulus learned to never again make a bet with a marauder.