Chapter fifteen

A week later

Jacey walked with Peter along the black lake. James and Sirius were soon Merlin knows what and Jacey was pretty sure Remus was studying or just reading. She knew Remus was pretty nervous with owls this year so he studied every chance he got.

"So, you ever going to have a relationship and not just a shag?" Peter asked referring to her constant new girlfriend or boyfriend a week.

When Peter first found out that Jacey was bi, he and James threw a whole party in their dorm. Peter wore something on his clothes that had the bi colors on pride day to support Jacey. Jacey really couldn't have gotten a better friend. Also things like relationships, he was interested.

"Pete, I told you before, I don't know."

"Eh, maybe," Peter said as he ate some of his cheese from his pocket. "I do wonder how Remus'll feel about things when you start dating again." Peter smirked at Jacey's confused face as she stopped in her tracks.

"Why would he feel anything about that? It's not like we're dating."

Peter smirked. "That's for me to know and you to..." He kept walking.

"Nope, get your rat ass over here and tell me!" Jacey yelled as she started stomping over to him.

***************

Jacey and Peter walked into the Marauders dorm where the boys were already. "Sup losers," they both said as they plopped on Peter's bed next to each other.

Remus was going over almost everything in his textbook. Jacey knew how much he had been studying and probably forgot even the day. "Hey, Rem?" Remus looked at her. "Tomorrow's the full moon." Jacey knew it wasn't tomorrow but next week. She was convinced he lost thought of that over studying.

"It is?" There it was. She was right. "How is that possible?" James and Sirius smirked and already knew what she was doing.

"No idiot, it's next week. But, you're too sucked into your books. Now, Peter's getting a party for his birthday since it's tomorrow. And I expect you to come and not just study. That an order." Remus went over and shoved Jacey off of Peter's bed. The rest of the boys laughed and Peter helped her up. "Oh, don't be such a sourwolf. Wormy, what you want for your birthday?"

"Eh, I don't know. You guys don't have to do anything. The party's enough."

"Nope, you're a marauder and we have enormous party's for dumb reasons," James said. "We get in trouble with the law when we're alone and we never go small on anything. This party is just a normal day for us."

Jacey started making the guest list for Peter and what they should get from the elves and how much it could cost. She still wanted house elves rights but maybe once she was out of Hogwarts she could make an impact. No one would listen to a little kid since they thought they should just be silenced. Kids have good ideas but they don't want to listen. They say their the future but they don't act like it.

Peter took the list and looked over it. "Oh, no, not Irene."

"What I thought you liked her? You had a crush on her since last year." Jacey always tried to set him up but most girls just thought they could stomp over Peter and just try to get closer to the Marauders. She would always put the girls in their places once she figured it out. "She's from Hufflepuff and she's very nice."

"That's why! If she comes up to me to talk then I'll just freeze and look like a fool. We all know James is going to be off, Sirius'll be in a corner snogging someone and Remus will be watching you and you'll be getting drunk."