Part seventeen

Jacey sat in the common room with a grin playing on her lips. James was playing muggle chess by himself when she came in. James looked at his sister with a frown.

"What's got you all happy? It's weird," James asked as he moved his chess piece.

"I've got a date," she replied.

"Who?"

"Marlene."

James smiled. "Finally, you're in a relationship. I thought there would never happen." Jacey threw a pillow at her brother. "Yeah, yeah, I'm a jerk for saying the truth."

"Well, Jamie, why aren't you in a relationship? Are girls not throwing themselves at you?" She already knew the reason why, but James always had some excuse about the topic.

"I just don't want to be in a relationship unless I really like the person. It's not bad. Maybe you're just moving on with dating so fast. That's why it seems like I'm not going in many dates."

Jacey rolled her eyes and put a book on her face and tried to sleep. James abandoned his game and was bored. "I wanna do something but I don't know what," he whined. "Ooh, could we ride your skateboard through the halls?"

"Why haven't we thought of that before? Let's go!"

Jacey sat on her board as James held it back. They were on the bridge that lead into the castle, which was pretty steep. "Ready, set, go!" James let go and hopped on the board with Jacey.

They both laughed as the skateboard flew down. Then the board crashed into a wall. The twins then fell then were belly down on top of each other. They both started laughing. Minnie then came and looked like she had a heart attack.

"I thought someone was hurt!" she exclaimed as the twin got up. "You two could've been hurt terribly."

"Well, Mins, it's the Potter works. We can take a lot of pain," James laughed. Minnie shook her head. "Say, could we have some tea with you? I don't think we see enough of you."

"We really don't," Jacey agreed.

A small smile came to Minnie's mouth. "Sure. But just this time."

"We all know it's not just this one time," the twins said together.

The twins sat down across from Minnie as they are their biscuits that Minnie offered them. They all talked for hours. Minnie listened to the twins ramble for two hours. She would never admit it, but she had loved the two and their friends.

They always made her pull a small smile when she couldn't help it. The twins began arguing about who was the better quidditch player.

"JJ, have you met your aim when it's raining? Because it sucks!" Jacey exclaimed.

"Minnie, who's better, me or Wolfie?" James asked her.

"I can't say. But do tell me, how is being co-captain going?" she asked them.

They both began going on and on about how their drills went and how their team was. It was a rocky start, but everyone pulled in line when it came to it. Potters and their quidditch, she thought to herself as she drank her tea. The twins could go on and on and did. But Minnie never minded.