Chapter four

After dinner everyone headed towards their houses common rooms. The common room was colored with red and yellow and had a fire burning in the fireplace. Everyone went to their assigned dorms. Jacey got her own due to Dumbledore making an arrangement since her mother asked for it. She looked out the window, where she could see the black lake shining in the moonlight. Jacey put on her pajamas.

In the morning she woke up to her brother blowing an air horn as soon as he walked in. Jacey buried her face in her pillow as he come up to her bed.

"Get up," James said as he pulled off her blanket.

"You do know that I'm never cold since a werewolf's body is alway hot right?" Jacey asked as she faced him.

"I forget that but either way get up!" James grabbed her pillow and started hitting it with her.

Jacey got up and grabbed the clothes James had in his hands for her. James walked out into the hall while she changed into her uniform.

"How'd you even get up here?" Jacey yelled as she changed.

"Some older boys gave me a charm for the stairs," James yelled back through the door. "You done yet? Oh wait I forget that you don't the beauty of the James Potter."

Jacey stepped outside and started pulling down her skirt a little. "I hate skirts. They are just another reason for girls to show off their body. The worst part is that girls are required to wear them."

     "I'm sure they can't be that bad. Here give me a skirt and if skirts really bother you that much then we'll protest against them. I'll wear skirts and you'll wear pants until they change the rule."

      "Fine." Jacey and James went to grab the skirt and pants to be switched. "Merlin, I've never been more glad that we're the same size."

     James changed in the bathroom while Jacey changed in her room. They both headed down to where their new friends were and they all started laughing. Even Jacey looked as James and realized how ridiculous he looked.

     "I actually like skirts, not gonna lie." James spin
around on his heal. "I don't understand why you don't like these things."

     "Are you sure breaking some rules on your first day is the best way to go?" Remus asked as he got up.

     "One, we're merely wearing uniforms, they never specifically said which piece to wear. Two, technically we're doing nothing wrong since clothes have no gender, therefore there's no problem with this. Also rules like these are made to be broken," Jacey simply explained.

     "That took no time to convince her. But since we're all friends now I think this should show our newfound bond as friends. So we shall protest until they change the rule. Bring on the skirts, Jace." Sirius announced.

      Jacey ran up to her room and grabbed her skirts and passed them all to the boys. Peter was on the verge of wearing the skirt but did. Remus had to put leggings on since they were too short but didn't back out. And Sirius had too much fun wearing it. They all headed out and everyone just looked at them. When they got to breakfast and got their schedules McGonagall just looked at them with a confused face.

      "What do you five think you are doing?" she asked calmly.

     "You see professor, we are protesting about girl having to wear skirts and guys having to wear just pants. I'll have you know that we won't stop this until Dumbledore changes the rule," James explained as he put down his toast.

      McGonagall wore a small smile and walked away. The five of them shared a smirk then continued eating. They all had the same classes, so they could sport their new looks altogether.