Husn-e-Jaana《4》

Kabhi ek khuwab sa dekha tha maine ke tum meray ho aur mere liye ho

کبھی ایک خواب سا دیکھا تھا میں نے کہ تم میرے
ہو اور میرے لئے ہو
___________________________________

Four months later

Things have been extremely dark since that dreadful day. The whole mansion was enveloped in a sorrows and tears. No one was present at the dining hall like always. Guljaan picked up the prayer mat and placed it on the table. Unwrapping her dupatta from her head she placed it on the bed and started running fingers through her hair.

Her eyes connected with her reflection in the mirror. There stood a speechless woman who for the first time in her life had nothing to say or cry at her misery. Dry chapped lips, Lifeless eyes and tear stained face was a normal occuring for her nowadays. Her eyes raked the whole room where no evil was done for months. She was glad it was over but over what.

Her relief was brought over someone's life. An innocent life was taken in exchange of her temporary relief.

Was it a temporary relief?

This question kept repeating in her mind and like always she had no answer to it. But today was different. She can sense it. It was going to be different because Ameer called her in his study after isha prayer. She was anticipating to know what was being written in her fate now.

Tying her waist length hair in a ponytail, she wrapped the dupatta around her head and walked out.

She was wearing a simple peach coloured kameez with off white trouser and same shaded dupatta. Face devoid of any emotion but her insides were clammy and nervous as she walked towards his study.

Standing infront of the large mahagony door she knocked timidly. A faint 'come in' was heard and Guljaan walked inside. Her eyes widened slightly as she took in his appearance. He was a mess.

Dressed nicely he was sitting on the armchair with a stoic expression on his face. Even though his appearance did hide his vulnerability but she saw it all.

Guljaan saw the red lines in his dark irises. Stray hair strands falling messily on his forhead. Dry, rough lips which were pressed in a thin line. He was a mess.

A chaotic mess

She peeked at him nervously awaiting his sudden demand but nothing came out of his lips. Guljaan frowned and looked up at him only to clash with his pools of darkness. A sudden emotion flew between his eyes and she saw them softening slightly as he sighed and looked away.

"Take it" his voice held the same authority as he spoke making her alert. She looked at the thing he was gesturing at and saw a card laying on the coffee table. Guljaan leaned down and grasped the small card in her hand only to gasp in shock.

It was not a simple card. It held her freedom in it. Finally she was getting free.

"Your classes start tomorrow" He spoke again making her look at him and then again at the university card at which her information was typed. Without wasting anymore seconds she turned to leave the room as his voice stopped her again.

"If you need anything...don't hesitate to tell me" Guljaan could swear she saw moisture in his eyes as he lit the cigarette and placed it between his lips.

She walked out of the room and walked towards the garden. Her steps were heavy as she glanced at the dark sky. A broken smile appeared on her face as she whispered.