Milan《4》

As she opened the door her eyes met her husband's who was standing outside the door

Without looking at her he extended his hand towards her which she ignored and started walking downstairs.

"Sab upar wale hall main hain" his voice halted her steps and she rounded the corner without a second glance.

Zarafshan begum was literally not believing that her son will come with his wife in the family hall.

Their gossips died down and Zarafshan Begum shakily stood up. A warm smile adorned her face and she wrapped Parishay in a hug.

"Arre mere bahu aye hai aur kisi ne mujhe bataya bhi nhi". Pulling away from the hug she patted her head." Kese ho beta?". With a small smile whe nodded "aap kese hain chachi?".

"Ab tou bilkul theek hogae hun. Ab na tum agae ho isse bhi theek kardena" she nervously laughed. It was unbelievable for her. She was so happy to see that her son's relationship was improving.

"Ammi ye Zaviyar ki shadi_". Parishay cut him off "Assalam O Alaikum Bibi jan". She meekly greeted her Dadi who was watching the whole scene curiously.

"Walaikum Assalam. Aaj aap yahan kese?"
Her harsh tone didn't go unnoticed by everyone. "Bibi jan rehne den na ab tou meri bachi agae hai".

"Khamosh hojain aap Zarafshan Begum" Her voice boomed across the hall making everyone still.

"Aap maaf karsakte hain inhain lekin main kabhi bhi nhi karun gi. Jis tarah se inhon ne apne shohar ka tamasha banaya. Is khandan ka tamasha banaya. Us keliye main inhain kabhi maaf nhi karun gi." Saying this she left the hall.

Tears gathered in her eyes hearing such harsh remarks of her own Dadi. Increasing the guilt in her heart even more.

"Roye mat bhabhi. Bibi jan ka pyaar karne ka style thora anokha hai. By the way welcome to the family." Zaviyar smiled genuinely at her. Which she equally returned.
"Shadi mubarak ho Zavi" she called him by his nickname.

"Bohat shukriya bhabhi" he smiled with a red tint coating his cheeks.

"Nashta lagwa den Ammi" Subhan asked his mother who nodded eagerly.

"Arey han. Bas lagwate hun. Pari ko bhook lagi ho gi. Ao beta"

"Ammi aur main" Zaviyar asked fakely pouting trying to be innocent.

"Tu to paida hi bhooka hua hai".

Everyone laughed at Zarafshan's remark and made their way towards the dining table.

Zarafshan begum served her bahu with so much love. Parishay stared at the people who were so different from how they were framed in her mind. Zaviyar constantly made jokes easing her mind. While her dearest husband just sat there and focused on his food.

"Ab beta agae ho na tou shopping pe sath chalen ge. Mujhe to samajh hi nhi aati ke kya loun. " she smiled at her chachi.

"G bilkul".