Epilogue

رات گئے جب ایک کرن میرے پاس آکے لیٹ جائے تو لگتا ہے کے تم ہو

Raat gae jab ek kiran mere paas aake
lait jae tou lagta hai ke tum ho

_____________________________________________

A small ray of sunshine peeked through the curtains and falling on the sleeping figures sprawled on the king sized bed. Her head on his arm, face pressed against his chest with his arm wrapped tightly around her. This was home.

He was her home

Light sprinkled on her face and she sat up removing his arm from around her. Murtaza groaned in his sleep as he extended his arm to look for her. Zarmeenay laughed silently and placed a pillow in place of her to which he cuddled and slept again.

After taking a shower she changed, made breakfast and walked towards her baba's room. She knocked and after hearing a faint 'come in' she sauntered inside with a trolley filled with food.

"Subah Bakhair baba"
(Good morning baba)

Jalal Khan smiled at his daughter in law and kissed her forhead lovingly.

"Aapko bhi baba ke pyare si beti"

Zarmeenay smiled and sat down beside him helping him with his breakfast. Due to old age and his constant heart problems Jalal Khan has become fragile and weak. His bahu never left him unattended. Not even for a second. Just as she was feeding him a thud sounded followed by thumping of footsteps.

Jalal Khan's eyes widen with fear while Zarmeenay tried so hard to hid her smile.
The door opened and there stood a very angry looking Zufash Khan.

Her hands on her tiny waist, nose red with anger. She was the jaan of the Khan Haveli. Everyone was wrapped around her little finger.

This three year old was a walking drama. With eyes so mysteriously bluish grey and hair beautifully charcoal just like her father. She was a spliting image of Murtaza Jalal Khan.

"Ada Jan" Her small threatening whisper was enough for her 'Agha Jan' to melt at the sight.

"Meri choti si Zufi" Her Agha Jan cooed at his granddaughter who stomped her feet showing her anger at him and then raised her finger at her mother.

"Ammi you made breakie fol Ada Jan. I no talking to you. Zufi narawz."

Zarmeenay held her ear with her hand.
"Ammi is very sorry baby doll. Come help your Agha Jan in breakie"

Looking at her Agha Jan she ran towards him and with great difficulty climbed up his bed. Wrapping her arms around his neck she hugged him mumbling how angry she was a minute before. Pulling away she grabbed his face with her small hands making him look at her.