Chapter 5

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

*This book is written from the perspective of both Isabella and Giovanni

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

I tried to talk myself out of going upstairs as soon as I arrived at his apartment. I was suddenly too scared to have to face him and deal with this. I knew that once I did, there was no going back and the fact that I could leave there today without having him in my life was a thought that I didn't want to entertain. I couldn't accept that and yet, I knew it was a strong possibility. I took in one last deep breath before calling on the elevator. The doors opened and I stepped inside. The air around me started to become thin again and I had to focus on my breathing to keep myself from having a complete breakdown.

In and out

I repeated that over and over until the doors to his apartment opened and there was nowhere else left to go. His apartment always had a particular smell that I couldn't quite identify but I had started to associate it with home. He felt like home to me and I had always felt so comfortable here. Walking in now, I felt like a stranger. I stepped inside and slowly walked towards the kitchen. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of broken glass all over the floor. I turned towards the counter and there he sat with his head in his hands. There were a few bottles on the counter. Some empty and some still had alcohol in them.

"Giovanni?"

He jerked his head up in surprise and his sad eyes met mine. I had never seen him like this before and it broke my heart. A part of me wanted to throw my arms around him but I remained where I was.

He ran his hands through his hair nervously, "Isabella, sorry I didn't even hear you arrive,"

He slid off the chair and used the counter to keep his balance. How was I going to have a conversation with him if he was this intoxicated? I walked over to his fridge and grabbed a cold bottle of water. He was leaning against the counter so I stepped closer to him and handed him the bottle

"I think you could use this," I murmured

He took the bottle from me and opened the lid. He leaned back and finished it in one go. I looked around his apartment and it was unusual for me to see how messy it was. He always had everything so neatly kept. There was liquid on the floor dripping off the wall and some amongst the broken glass. I figured that the bottle must have been thrown against the wall.

"Why didn't you open for me earlier?" he asked

"I needed time, Giovanni. I wasn't going to call you today until Reyna convinced me that we needed to talk,"

"She probably hates me now,"

"She doesn't hate you," I reassured him

"Do you?" he looked up to meet my eyes

"Do I what?"

"Do you hate me?"

Instinctively, I reached out and cupped his face with my hand before I realised what I was doing. My hand dropped and I turned away from him

"Of course I don't hate you, Giovanni," I sighed, "It's because I love you so much that this is difficult for me,"

It was true. I was so in love with Giovanni that the thought of him having a baby with another woman was enough to shatter my heart into a million little pieces.