Chapter 63

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

"Do you really have to go to Valencia today?" I asked and wrapped my arms around his neck

We had just arrived back from Madrid. Katrina and Sergio's wedding was something out of a fairytale and the two of them were headed on their honeymoon. Sergio had planned it all and it was a surprise so none of us knew where they were going. Giovanni and I stood in our kitchen, my back against the counter.

"Yes, I have to go and meet the new manager and I've got a whole lot of other boring stuff that I have to do there," he explained, "But it's just for the day. I'll be back for dinner,"

The Mala Mía in Valencia had its grand opening a couple of weeks ago. They had done a great job of getting it ready and I was happy to have tagged along with Giovanni. Despite what happened the last time I was in Valencia, that place held a special place in my heart. His business partner, Pedro was running things that side since he lived there and they had recently hired a permanent manager for the place so he needed to head down there to meet them.

"I should probably make us something tonight," I suggested, "How do you feel about seafood? I can get some stuff on my way home,"

"You know I love seafood," he said and leaned down to kiss me, "What time is Reyna fetching you?"

I glanced up at the clock against the wall, "She's only coming around lunchtime. Diego had to finish something off for work this morning and then he's going to come help us set up the sign,"

After months of hard work, Reyna and I had finally managed to finish off our coffee shop. We eventually bounced names back and forth and decided that "Aroma" was the best one. We were planning to open in two weeks' time and now it was time to finish off the smaller tasks that needed to be done. We had already started interviewing a couple of baristas and after the rest of our stock gets delivered next week, we would be all set to open for the public. A lot had changed over the last few months but it really felt like everything in my life had come together the way it was supposed to. I was no longer that lost woman I was when I first landed on Spanish soil. The same woman who had no idea what her life was meant to be like. The same woman who believed she had no purpose. Once I had accepted that my life wasn't going to be what my mother laid out for me, I started to allow myself to really discover who I was and what I wanted. Fast forward to the present and I was a small business owner living with the love of my life. I didn't need more than that.

"I'm so proud of you," he smiled down at me, "You guys have really worked hard to get that place looking good,"

I smiled, "I actually can't wait for it to be open but I'm super nervous to see if people are going to like it,"

"They're going to love it,"

He leaned down and his lips met mine again. I melted against them and tightened my arms around his neck. It didn't matter how long we had been together, he still managed to give me butterflies.

I pulled away but kept my arms around him, "You need to head to the airport so I should probably let you get ready,"

He gave me one last kiss before disappearing upstairs