Chapter 20

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

** 

Isabella

I pulled my coat closer to me as I turned down the street towards the address of the coffee shop I was meeting Lorenzo at. The sun was shining down on me and although that didn't take away the chill in the air, it definitely assisted with giving what little warmth it could manage. I was thankful that the headache tablets had started to work itself through my pain. My raging hangover wasn't something I intended to have for the day but that was out of my control.

As I turned around the corner, the La Sagrada Familia came into full view. It was breathtaking - apart from the cranes from the on-going construction. I was always mesmerised by it. How could you not be? It was one of the most impressive architectural structures ever. I strolled down the street past the various tourist shops that popped up around a sight like this. In Summer, the area was flooded with people trying to get in but today there were only a few groups of tourists flocking around it. I continued towards my destination and stopped at the coffee shop with the red door that came into view. Cafe Belmont was a quaint little place across the road from the La Sagrada Familia. I peeped inside and noticed how small it was. I didn't mind that all - the less people, the better. I scanned the area trying to see if I could notice Lorenzo anywhere and was surprised by the increasing amount of Christmas decorations that lined the streets.

Wait, what was the date?

I had been so wrapped up in the last few drama-filled weeks that I didn't even realise the festive season was upon us. How did I not notice any of this sooner? I continued to look around trying to really pay attention to anything else I could have missed

"Why do you look so confused?" Lorenzo popped up from behind me

I turned to meet his friendly smile

"Would you believe me that I only noticed the Christmas decorations now?"

He chuckled, "That's surprising since they started putting these things up well into November already,"

"That's even worse," I admitted, laughing along with him

He was casually sporting a grey hoodie that was hidden beneath a denim jacket he had pulled on over it. There was no beanie this time round as he had his dark hair perfectly styled in place. His beard had grown longer since I last saw him - it was as dark as his hair and really complimented his dark olive skin. I was surprised by his appearance. When I had first met him, there was nothing dark and alluring about him but I was clearly mistaken. There was something about him.

"Have you been waiting long?" He asked, "Sorry, I couldn't find parking so had to park a few streets up,"

"No, I just got here," I smiled, "Shall we?"

"Yes please," he stepped back and allowed me to enter first

I strolled inside and was welcomed by the aroma of coffee in the air. There was only one other couple inside and a staircase in the far corner.

I turned back to Lorenzo, "Where do you want to sit?"

"Oh no, we're not sitting down here," he explained, "The best part of this place is upstairs,"