Chapter 43

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**Mature content in this book | +18 only

**

Isabella

I watched as he brought the glass of champagne to his lips and leaned his head slightly back, allowing the alcohol to move down his throat. I watched as he swallowed, his Adam's apple moving with the motion and ran his tongue over his lips in a quick movement. He flicked his eyes to mine and there was something different to them now. They had been swimming with sadness and anger recently but not tonight. Tonight there was a flicker in them and I couldn't quite place what it was. There was a constant interest in his eyes whenever he looked at me and I knew he was working hard to hide the desire that was pushing its way through. I knew because I was feeling the same. Seeing him so well-groomed and in this well-fitted suit was sending my mind into a frenzy. The pressure between my legs deepened with each longing look.

Fuck, I needed him.

I took a deep breath in and brought the champagne to my lips. I focused on that instead of Giovanni. I wouldn't be able to control myself much longer if I allowed my mind to continuously wander back to where it wanted to be.

"As a friend, I'd like to tell you how beautiful you look tonight," Giovanni said, leaning closer to me so I could hear him over the blaring music

I could already feel his breath on me sending a shooting sensation up and down my veins. Before I could thank him, he opened his mouth to continue

"But as someone that's in love with you, I have to tell you that it's taking every inch of self-control I have not to take you back to our room and have my way with you,"

My breath caught in my throat and I couldn't help but tug at my bottom lip to contain the growing sensation inside of me.

I flicked my eyes to meet his, "You can't say things like that,"

He leaned closer to my ear, "I couldn't help it. Not with that dress on,"

The blush spread across my cheeks and I couldn't focus on anything but his breath against my skin. I thought about what it felt like to have his lips against me, exploring every inch of my body that was possible. The way he ran his hands over me, knowing exactly what he was doing. The way he felt insi-

"Isabella!" Marcina exclaimed, stopping my thoughts in their tracks, "You're here,"

"Hi, Marcina," I leaned forward and kissed both her cheeks as we greeted each other

She turned to greet Giovanni, "I'm so happy that you two are here,"

She was smiling and this time, her smile met her eyes. When we saw her the other day, there was something missing. She didn't have the same contagious energy that she had when we first met. I couldn't blame her, not with everything going on. Cecilio Velazquez walked with an air of arrogance to him as he approached us. I watched as Giovanni tensed up - it was a slight change that no one but me would have been able to notice. His jaw clenched and displayed his cheekbones hidden underneath his facial hair and his breathing was more controlled. I could see he was trying to control himself. I shifted closer to him and slid my hand into his, interlocking our fingers. I squeezed gently to let remind him that I was here.