Chapter 13

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

How could I go to Mala Mia? I would have to see him and that thought alone brought on a wave of unexpected nausea. Sergio and Katrina were having their engagement party tonight and I was stuck in my bedroom trying to talk myself into going. Sergio explained that Giovanni offered the club to them for the evening. They were having a private party tonight in the VIP section with all their friends and then a lunch with both their families in the next week or so when Katrina and Reyna's parents arrived. Both Katrina and Sergio told me that they would understand if I chose not to join but how could I do that to them? How could I not go and celebrate with them? They were two of the closest people in my life and I needed to suck it up and be there for them. I was dreading having to leave the apartment tonight but I kept reminding myself that it wasn't about me. This was their night but the thought of seeing Giovanni again riddled me with nerves. How would I react? Would I have to say hi? Of course, I'd have to say hi, I couldn't be rude. Or was I supposed to avoid him? Would he avoid me?

These thoughts continued in my head and I needed to take a seat on my bed to stop the dizziness that occurred. I lay back against my bed and closed my eyes.

In and out

I focused on my breathing in an attempt to get it under control. I was not going to be able to get out of going tonight and for the sake of my friends, I had to push everything out of my mind and remember that.

This was about Sergio and Katrina

After a couple of reprimands from the voice inside my head, I finally managed to get a handle on my breathing.

You will be fine, Isabella

I hadn't quite figured out exactly what I was feeling towards Giovanni. Obviously, my heart was broken, that much was clear but there was a hint of anger too. I was angry that we were in this situation. I was angry that Casey was pregnant. I was overwhelmed with emotions - anger, sadness, hurt but overall there was still love. That hadn't changed. How could it have? A few weeks ago I was the happiest I had ever been and completely in love with him. Now I didn't have him in my life anymore but my heart still belonged to him. I would be civil tonight. I was going there for them and I would be polite if I had to but overall I planned to avoid him. I had to. I couldn't be around him without the constant reminder of what we used to have.

"Izzy?" Reyna shouted from outside my door

"You can come in Rey," I sat up as she strolled into my room with a towel wrapped around her and a bottle of Tequila in her hand

"What the hell is that for?" I asked, my face inadvertently pulling to form a look of disgust at the thought of the taste

"This is for you and me," she announced, "I know you're worried about seeing Giovanni tonight and quite frankly, you could use something to take the edge off and me being the great friend that I am, I can't let you drink alone,"

I chuckled, "Oh sure, that's the only reason,"

"Okay fine, you caught me. You know how much I enjoy Tequila,"

She placed the shot glasses on top of my draws and opened the bottle as she filled the glasses to the top

She handed one over to me, "You'll be fine tonight,"