Chapter 10

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

 Giovanni

The last thing I wanted to do right now was have to deal with Casey but I had avoided her for long enough. At the end of the day, I had to figure out what the hell I was going to do about this. There was a baby on the way now and I couldn't escape that responsibility. I strolled downstairs into my kitchen and started clearing up the empty bottles. Sergio was right - this place did look like a shit hole. As I put the last of the bottles in the trash, I heard the elevator doors open. I took a deep breath in and gathered all the energy I had to focus on this one conversation. I was going to need all the help I could get.

"Giovanni!" Casey shouted, turning around the corner coming into view

A year ago I would have been happy with the beautiful blonde walking into my apartment but now the sight of her brought on a wave of guilt I couldn't control. Her bitchy nature and constant need for drama washed away any previous attraction I had towards her.

Now she reminded me of everything I had lost.

"Well, hello handsome," she smiled and sauntered over to the kitchen counter

"Hola, Casey," I said bleakly

She placed her bag on the counter and walked over to me, "What? No kiss?"

I rolled my eyes, "Please don't start,"

She flicked her hair over her shoulder and walked over to an empty barstool, "Now Giovanni, there's no need to be like that,"

Not even two minutes into the conversation and I already wanted her to leave. How the fuck was I supposed to raise a child with her? The thought made me sick. There's just no way I was going to be a father. I couldn't accept that. Instead, I walked over and opened up the cupboard door, reaching for the new bottle of whiskey I bought.

"You can't ignore me in person," she muttered, "Are you not going to say anything?"

I placed the glass on the counter and poured some whiskey into it. I looked up at her as I brought it up to my lips, taking a small sip

"What do you want me to say, Casey?" I asked

She crossed her arms, "Well, we have a lot to figure out now that we're starting a family together,"

I tilted my head to the side in an attempt to control the anger that one statement brought over me. Was she fucking delusional?

"Let's get one thing clear here, you and I will never be a family. A baby doesn't change that,"

She widened her light brown eyes, "A baby changes everything,"

Okay, she was right but it didn't change things in the way she was clearly hoping for. This entire situation fucked up everything in my life and now I was stuck trying to pick up the pieces.

"How did the paparazzi get a picture of us at the hospital?" I asked, "Did you set that up?"

Her eyes widened, "Do you honestly believe I would have wanted people to find out like that?"

"Yes, I think that's exactly what you would have wanted,"

She ignored my comment, "Well, I'm just glad I don't have to hide now,"