Chapter 61

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

**Mature content in this book | +18 only 

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

8 MONTHS LATER

"That was a really sweet speech you gave," I said as Giovanni pulled me into his arms on the dance floor

His arm came around my waist and rested on my lower back, sending electricity through my veins at the touch of his skin against mine. The dress Katrina had chosen for her bridesmaids was open back which meant Giovanni took full advantage of that by brushing his hand against my skin. His other hand was in mine and he pulled me closer to him so we were inches from each other

"Well, Sergio has always been like a brother to me," he explained, "The least I could do was remind him of that,"

I smiled and rested my head against his chest. Katrina and Sergio's wedding was absolutely stunning. Katrina had always wanted to get married at this beautiful vineyard just outside of Madrid and I understood why. The venue was like something out of a fairytale. Beautiful chandeliers hung throughout the room and the wedding planner had done a great job of bringing Katrina's timeless vision to life. From the dance floor, you could see the doors were opened completely and guests were scattered throughout the room and the patio outside overlooking the rest of the property. There was a maze in the distance and with the full moon shining down on it, it truly felt like something out of a movie. I couldn't help but cry during the ceremony - it was beautiful to see the love those two shared. We had started to approach the late evening and the party was just getting started. The DJ was easing everyone in after the first dance and I was happy to have this moment with Giovanni. He looked so sexy in his tight-fitted navy suit and it was taking all my self-control to not have my way with him already.

I didn't realise I was gawking at him until he looked down at me and lifted an eyebrow, "What are you looking at?"

I blushed, "You. You look really handsome tonight,"

He had neatened his beard for the occasion and his hair was styled in place. He still had a faint scar under his eye from the night of his car accident. I often found myself running my fingers gently over it, reminding me of that night and what it felt like to nearly lose him. It wasn't a thought I wanted to entertain but it reminded me to never take our time for granted. His leg took a few months to heal and only recently did he get his cast off. After being stuck on crutches for months, he was ready to take every opportunity he could to be on his feet.

"Thank you, baby," he moved closer to me and brushed his fingers over my skin again, "You already know how I feel about this dress,"

A mischievous grin played at his lips and I knew exactly where his mind was headed. It took us a while to leave our hotel room today after he saw my dress for the first time. It was a long, deep maroon dress with a slit up my left leg. Between my bareback and leg on display, he was having a hard time keeping it together and I loved it. Even after all this time, I still managed to get this reaction out of him.

"You really didn't want to leave the room today," I giggled

"Nope. I was ready to take you right then and there," he said in a hushed voice, "But we couldn't be late to the wedding. Not like we were to that other dinner of theirs,"