Chapter 35

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

** 

Giovanni

Lorenzo was here with her. The rage rolled through me at the sight of her in his arms on the dance floor. They quickly broke away and I watched as they made their way towards the other side of the bar. She told me over and over again that they were just friends but how could I believe her? Why was she here with him? I clenched my fists in an attempt to contain the wave of emotions rushing over me.

I pushed myself through the crowd but stopped as someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and met Reyna's piercing gaze

"What the hell are you doing here?" She shouted over the music

"I'm looking for Sergio,"

"Did he invite you?"

Technically, no but she didn't need to know that. Who was she to dictate where I could and couldn't go?

I ignored her question, "I didn't come here to start trouble Reyna,"

"No, but you probably will," she rolled her eyes, "You can't keep showing up like this. You need to let Isabella move on with her life,"

"I don't want her to move on," I snapped, "You were the one who told me to ask Casey for a paternity test and I did,"

She jerked her head back in surprise, "I didn't know you did that,"

"Of course, I did and all I want to do is tell Isabella about it,"

Her eyes softened, "You can't tell her Giovanni. I've watched her get her heart broken over and over again and you will not put her through that again. You need to let her move on,"

I scoffed, "With Lorenzo?"

"They're just friends," she objected

"I've heard that before,"

I didn't wait to hear what else she had to say. I was so sick of everyone saying they were just friends when clearly there was something more going on here. I was itching for a drink and I pushed my way through the crowd. I noticed Sergio leaning against the bar as he spoke to Katrina. The place was packed and I finally managed to reach them. I reached out and tapped Sergio on the shoulder.

"Giovanni!" He turned, surprised at my unexpected arrival, "What are you doing here?"

"I've come to get a drink with you guys," I leaned forward and greeted Katrina, "Hola Katrina,"

"Hi, Giovanni," she said politely, "Does Isabella know you're here?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not here for her,"

Sergio called on the bartender, "Another round of shots for the three of us, please,"

I could do with a shot. Actually, I could do with multiple ones. I could do with anything that would make me forget that across this bar stood Isabella and Lorenzo together. I fought all my urges to look over at them. I didn't want to see them in close proximity to one another. I hated that he was with her. Fuck, it was torture.

Sergio handed me a shot and the three of us lifted them before I brought mine to my lips, tilting my head back and allowing the alcohol to burn through me. The warmth washed over me and I leaned my head from side to side, shaking off the tension. I had every right to be out here with my friends. She didn't get to decide what I was allowed to do. If she was going to move on then so was I.

I signaled for another round to the bartender and he was off

"So, how's the wedding planning going?" I asked Katrina, trying to politely have a casual conversation

"We haven't even started that yet. That is next year's focus,"

I placed my hand on Sergio's shoulder, "Well, you've got a good one here Kat,"

She smiled and looked over at Sergio, her eyes shining with love and affection for him. I was never one who cared about that kind of stuff but now the jealousy washed over me. I never wanted that until I met Isabella and I hated that all I was left with was the memory of what we once had.

We could have been great together

I pushed that out of my mind as I downed my next shot. I wanted to burn away the pain I was feeling inside. I had done well to push her out of my thoughts over the last few days but it was too late now. I was consumed by her and I couldn't think of anything else to help take it away. I continued chatting to Sergio and Katrina but I was always constantly aware of Isabella's movements across the bar. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Lorenzo leaned closer to her, whispering something in her ear. My anger reignited and my knee-jerk reaction was to order more shots. It was a terrible way of dealing with this. The night went on and the bartender kept delivering until I could feel my movements had become jagged and delayed.

I stumbled reaching for my next shot and had to lean on Sergio for support

"Whoa, Giovanni," he said, "I think you've had enough,"

"Nope," I reached for the shot and downed it

Katrina placed her hand on my arm, "Giovanni, you can't drink away your problems,"

I rolled my eyes, "You don't know anything about my problems,"

"I know that you're clearly not handling this break-up very well,"

"You don't know anything Katrina," I snapped

"Hey, don't talk to her like that," Sergio interjected, "We're not your enemies, Gio,"

They were starting to piss me off. I didn't need to keep hearing how badly I was handling this break-up. I was well aware of it. I was the one going through it, not them, so who were they to tell me what I should and shouldn't do to get through this.

"There you guys are," Reyna was hand in hand with Diego as they pushed themselves to join our group

Reyna turned and looked at me, "You don't look good, Giovanni. Can I get you a bottle of water?"

My mouth was dry and I could feel the alcohol weighing me down. Every movement was slower than usual and trying to put together a sentence was proving to be a difficult task. They were all looking at me with concern and it was fucking pissing me off. I didn't come here to be babied. I came here to distract myself from my problems.

Even though my problem was sitting right across the room

Lorenzo and Isabella had moved to a high-table on the other side of the bar and I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She leaned close to him and I watched as she threw her head back in laughter. I was at a crossroads here. I loved seeing her laugh. I just wanted her to be happy but I wanted to be the one to do it. I didn't want fucking Lorenzo of all people to be the one making her laugh. The jealousy was eating at me.

"Hello? Earth to Giovanni?" Reyna snapped me out of my thoughts and forced me to look back at her, "Stop staring at her like that,"

"Why is she with him?" I slurred

"Don't do that to yourself," Sergio placed his hand on my shoulder

I shrugged out of his grip, "No, seriously. She can't be with Lorenzo already. We haven't been broken up that long,"

"Giovanni, what happens in Isabella's life is none of your business right now," Katrina said as politely as she could manage, "You're only torturing yourself by -"

I turned back to Isabella and watched as Lorenzo leaned into her.

Not a fuck was I going to let that happen

Before I knew it, I was headed towards them. My anger and jealousy were raging and without my sober barriers, I was being led by my emotions straight to their table.

No one kisses my girl

I watched as Isabella pulled away from him with a look of surprise on her face. Lorenzo lifted his head and noticed me as I approached them.